C++/C++.NET/C# which should i pick up...

21 members have voted

1. 1. C++/C++.NET/C# which should i pick up...

• C++
    • C++.NET
    • C#

been programming in VB for about 3 years and would like too make more complex programs... so out of C++, C++.NET, and C# what should i pick up. I've tried C++, and i'm not even sure how too make the gui yet lol, seen C++.NET and seen theres a GUI/Windows Form Designer so i like that.

I won't participate in the poll... simply because it's irrelevant what someone else thinks.

You are the best judge on which language suits your needs at this point in your education.

If you want to continue using a RAD (Rapid Application Development) IDE but increased power, C# is the way to go.

If you want to branch out, leaving the GUI by the wayside (Concentrate on algorithm development and XP programming) for the time being, then C++ is the way to go.

It all depends on what you feel you can handle...

This isnt a question of "do i go left or right". its more of "what do i want to do"

"Im getting tired of VB (cause it sucks ;)) so i want something different but not a lot harder" ... maybe you should go toward C#.

"I want the possibility of doing a lot more with the simplisity of the .net framework" ... C++.NET is where you wanna be, you get the power of C++ with the simplisity of the .NET Framework.

"I wanna be hardcore and design an OpenGL First-Person-Shooter" or "I wanna learn more of the system and go a little deeper into controlling everything myself ie: memory, structures, etc." ... then you probably want to go straight C++

ive played with C# and C++ quite a bit. Im not sure i want to touch C++.NET :unsure:

so there you have it... i cant vote 3 times so i wont vote at all :blushing:

Make a compiler in PHP. That's all you need.

this is a project i think everyone should do. First we need access to write assembler in php. just so i can say "i compiled my program at the exact same time as my compiler" (JIT compilation get it... ha ha funny joke :rolleyes: )

something about compiling 100,000 lines of code with an interpreted language compiler, just sounds amazingly cool and yet very funny at the same time.

Now when this compiler can compile itself then were good (lets see how long it takes someone to catch this)

If you don't find C++ very satisfying, then your calling as a programmer should be seriously considered...

I know not everything is done in C++, and quite frankly, if you limited yourself to just C++ you'd be screwing yourself, but C++ is the pinnacle and has been for some time...

What don't you like about it???

Rightly so, C++ is not the best language suited for all jobs, but you can't argue that is is the pinnacle and one of the hardest to master and one of the widest used for almost everything computers.

I wasn't trying to offend anyone, and that was certainly evident by my last question... I point-blank asked him what he didn't like. I was Giving him a chance to defend his position...

However, those individuals that say they have no respect for C++ or don't find it powerful, usually don't know how to use it... this is very common within in beginners...

I don't know about you, but there have been very few programs where my employers requested a different language than C++, knowing this, an individual that can't get along with it... is like a girl in the boys bathroom...