Media Player Classic file associating?

CrashUK

Simply add mplayerc.exe to a 7z file and extract it with RunOnceEx.
Use /regvid switch after that for file association.

BUT in my experience /regvid doesn't work at all. Same for /regaud.
unregvid and unregaud do work.

So I use an AutoIt script to associate with videofiles.

[quote name='Wesmosis' post='578004' date='Oct 26 2006, 01:10 PM']nothing worked[/quote]

There is an unattended installer on my repository of MPC. It is specific to my liking.
It is a WinRAR archive making it easy for you to manipulate the install commands.
You can change the install directory etc, hope it solves your issues.

shark

[quote name='Shark007' post='578052' date='Oct 26 2006, 10:22 PM'][quote name='Wesmosis' post='578004' date='Oct 26 2006, 01:10 PM']
nothing worked[/quote]

There is an unattended installer on my repository of MPC. It is specific to my liking.
It is a WinRAR archive making it easy for you to manipulate the install commands.
You can change the install directory etc, hope it solves your issues.

shark
[/quote]
You da man shark!
but does the MPC when silently installed take the VIDEO file association?
that's my object
I made a self-extractor silent installer via WinRAR (mplayerc.exe + mplayerc.ini) but still facing the ASSOCIATION prob, I hope your file can solve it

EDIT
[quote]It registers video file-types and places a shortcut in the quicklaunch bar[/quote]
Oh thanx, but can you teach me how you made the association trick?!

EDIT2
btw, your Repository Bookmarked! Edited by Wesmosis

[quote name='Wesmosis' post='578289' date='Oct 27 2006, 05:29 AM']Oh thanx, but can you teach how you made the association trick?![/quote]
It is no trick. It is a well [b]documented feature[/b]. Provide a proper path and use [b]mplayerc.exe /regvid[/b]. One note about using my installer, if you are changing the installation path, you must also change the path in the vbs file to reflect the changes to get the shortcut properly created in the quicklaunch.

If you're still having problems I'm willing to modify my installer to meet your specific needs. Just [b]PM me[/b] where you want it installed and what you want associated [video/audio]. Also include what shortcut(s) you'd prefer. I'll reply to the PM with a download url. I'll use WinRAR so you can easily replace the ini file with your own just in case you havent seen the light and begun to [url="http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=66826&st=0&p=459562&#entry459562"][b]use my codec package[/b][/url] too.

shark Edited by Shark007

I took this line from you self-extractor rar file:

[code]Setup="%programfiles%\Wesmosis\mplayerc.exe" /regvid[/code]

it wad so good and worked with my self-extractor rar file named (MPC.exe)
but one more stupid thing, how to disable the association with Playlists?!
I'm using MPC only for Videos, Winamp for sure for Audio files

[quote name='Wesmosis' post='580306' date='Nov 1 2006, 01:59 PM']but one more stupid thing, how to disable the association with Playlists?!
I'm using MPC only for Videos, Winamp for sure for Audio files[/quote]
Try this: /unregaud
Like this
[quote]Setup="%programfiles%\Wesmosis\mplayerc.exe" /regvid /unregaud[/quote]

[quote name='Wesmosis' post='580257' date='Nov 1 2006, 05:39 AM']thanx sharky, you always bin a great help :lol:[/quote]you're welcome. :thumbup

[quote name='Wesmosis' post='580306' date='Nov 1 2006, 09:59 AM']but one more stupid thing, how to disable the association with Playlists?! I'm using MPC only for Videos, Winamp for sure for Audio files[/quote]I suggest you run the winamp installation after the mpc installation.

shark