Media Player Classic file associating?

CrashUK

I removed windows media player from WIndow XP setup and have Windows Media Player Classic in its place how can I make all video files associati with Media Player Classic.. this they a reg setting or some thing??

• 1 month later...

The only way to "install" MPC that I know of is to do it as part of installing either Real Alternative or QuickTime Alternative since the latest version of MPC is included in the installs for those products. There are silent switches for them on the sticky for Application Switches.

Personally I repack them both using Installshield Repackager.

You can just copy mplayerc.exe to a directory. But I prefer to install Quicktime Alternative and Real Alternative. There it is already included with. From runonceex.cmd I use the following command to register all filetypes with Media Player Classic:

REG ADD %KEY%\012 /VE /D "Quicktime Alternative 1.38" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\012 /V 1 /D "%CDDRIVE%install\Quicktime\quicktimealt138.exe /VERYSILENT" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\013 /VE /D "Real Alternative 1.28" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\013 /V 1 /D "%CDDRIVE%install\Real\realalt128.exe /VERYSILENT" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\013 /V 2 /D "\"%programfiles%\Media Player Classic\mplayerc.exe\" /regaud /regvid" /f

Look at the backslashes!!

• 6 months later...

Hi, I am using RunOnceEx metlhod and installing Media Player Classic as part of Real and Quicktime Alternative.

By default, Media Player Classic install on \Programs\Media Player Classic folder.

Since it doesn't need any installation, can I move it from \Programs\Media Player Classic after being installed by Real or Quicktime Alternative to, let's say, \Programs\Music\Media Player Classic? If yes, how?

And then register all filetypes to Media Player Classic?

Thanks

MPC comes bundled in a variety of forms. I install it as part of the K-Lite Codec Pack, for example. Does a great job of playing DVDs, but although I use /regvid I'm still prompted to select MPC as my preferred player when inserting a DVD. Only after I manually configure Options-->Formats-->Autoplay to play Video and DVD will it load up by default. Another thing I like to do is launch the movies in fullscreen. But I would rather not configure all of this manually. I expect all of this could be done with some registry settings imported during unattended after the install? Looks like a job for RegSnap.

Just Copy and paste huh!

after that you can just reassociate to be sure via Options and File Types.

Well, if I did that it would not be an unattended install, would it :) ?

By the way, I played around and found out that I can't proceed the way I wanted, because it doesn't stay registered after I move it to the folder I want. I have to re-register the filetypes.

So, now Quicktime Alternative install Media Player Classic and after, with cleanup.cmg file, I move it to where I want to and register the filetypes.

This may seem newbie thoughts, but I am newbie!

And I am so happy: I found by myself how to move a program with a batch command.

A week ago I didn't know what a batch was. :)

I have just one (another) newbie question:

I use MOVE command to move this from one place to another.

And I use "*.*" to move all files in a certain folder, but it doesn't move sub-folder.

How can I move everything with one command?

Thanks

Hmmm, setting MPC to play all video in fullscreen mode by default was trickier than initially suspected. RegSnap wasn't much help, turned out to be a job for AutoIt:

AutoItSetOption("TrayIconHide", 1)
AutoItSetOption("WinTitleMatchMode", 4)
BlockInput(1)

;open MPC
Run(@ProgramFilesDir & "\K-Lite Codec Pack\Media Player Classic\mplayerc.exe")

;open Options dialogue
WinWait("classname=MediaPlayerClassicW")
WinActivate("classname=MediaPlayerClassicW")
Send("!v")
Sleep("500")
Send("o")

WinWaitActive("Options", "Open options")
ControlClick("Options", "Open options", "Button3")
ControlClick("Options", "Open options", "Button19")
ControlFocus("Options", "Open options", "SysTreeView321")
Send("{DOWN}")
Send("!v")
Sleep("500")
Send("!a")
Sleep("500")
Send("{ENTER}")
Sleep("500")
WinClose("classname=MediaPlayerClassicW")

Exit

Works for me when MPC is installed as part of the K-Lite Codec Pack. The compiled executable is run as part of my WPI post-install routine.

• 3 months later...

for unattended settings, you can also configure any setting in mpc and then check the option in the menu view/options/player "store settings to .ini file" and copy the file (C:\Program Files\Media Player Classic\mplayerc.ini) at install time...

donbi

• 1 year later...
[quote name='donbi' post='385298' date='Sep 6 2005, 01:14 PM']for unattended settings, you can also configure any setting in mpc and then check the option in the menu view/options/player "store settings to .ini file" and copy the file (C:\Program Files\Media Player Classic\mplayerc.ini) at install time...

donbi[/quote]
for unknown reasons, the file association option not stored in the ini file, others options is ok