deadly to hold down shift key for 8 seconds

Astalavista

doesn't work... hv u tried it.

but pls if you are going to try pls be careful

hold it down for 8 seconds (shift key) and see if your keyboard

goes hay wired.

let me know bec. i certainly will never do it again. **** Family Members :) hehhehehehe

i already patched my registry with boosters reg tweaks so i am safe.

let me know what your results are.

doesn't work... hv u tried it.

but pls if you are going to try pls be careful

hold it down for 8 seconds (shift key) and see if your keyboard

goes hay wired.

let me know bec. i certainly will never do it again. **** Family Members :) hehhehehehe

i already patched my registry with boosters reg tweaks so i am safe.

let me know what your results are.

Yes, I've tried it.

At least on my copy of WXP SP1 / SP2, you can go into the options CPL and turn off the keyboard shortcuts.

If you, like me, choose not to install Accessibility Options during silent install, then when any of the stickykey/filterkeys gets activated and says you can click on Settings to disable them nothing happens cause it's not installed.

Thus it is not in Control Panel either.

My first thougt when disabeling Accessibility Option during install was that then the stickykeys/filterkeys was disabled too.. But nooo.. they are still active..

But no more with my reg-tweaks :D

:hello:

I don't know how you managed to just notice about this recently, that's been in windows for ages (win2k at the very least). I'd have to say like prathapml, it's no deadly by any means (makes no sense to me). If you searched for StickyKeys (it's proper name) I'm sure you would have found out results.

when i type i don't generally hold down my shift key for more than 8 seconds. my sister who has this bad habit of holding the shift key for the longest time when she thinks of what she is going to write.

so that is the reason why i just now realize there is such a thing as a 8 second shift key.

for the record i did the remove shortcuts, even on my system

and i couldn't disengage the **** thing.

thanks all

OT: It's very good to annoy a teacher though. And if you time it right with everyone else in the room, you can get a beep to travel around teh room :P Not that I"ve done this before......

But it's a pitty I didn't get here sooner. Blast, need to work on that.

here's a regluar way to do it if you want.

Hit shift 5 times, or go to Start, Settings, Control Panel, Accessibility Options,

1.jpg

Click Settings

2.jpg

Make sure the check boxes are NOT checked, then go into each Settings area and uncheck the box for "Use shortcut"

3.jpg

Click ok,

make your way to the general tab and at the bottom check both boxes.

4.jpg

Newver had any problems after that. :) This also tells you where they are if you want them later....for some odd reason.