.NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack

@j4ever

You can simply wait till RyanVM releases the new 7zip-SFX-installer for .NET 1.1 with SP1. It will run without your problems from svcpack.inf. Ryan already has the file, so I expect he will release it tomorrow. If not I will write a step-by-step guide to let you create your own.

@j4ever

To install .NET framework as a component of windows (just like the IE/WMP, etc.) is possible. That's what you need to do to make ATi's CPL install and work.

Follow the steps given in this thread - netfx install the way TabletPC and MCE do.

maybe you don't understand what it is that i am doing. i don't care about the menu button working or not.

i am trying to get .net framework 1.1 sp1 to install DURING windows setup. that means that it must be in svcpack.inf! if you read this thread you will understand what I am talking about. The thread that you linked me to is absolutly of no help at all.

Hey j4ever,

before you conclude that something is useless for you, would be nice to read the entire thread...

Anyways, in the first page of that thread, there's a post by sleepnmojo that kick started the rest of the posts. Svcpack is a set of commands executed much later in the setup than what would otherwise be the case if you integrated it the way described in that thread.

But yes, its up to you to decide what method you want to follow. Whatever is easier and more suited to your needs....

You also need a copy of 7zS.sfx in the same folder.

Then you launch that command to create the sfx :

copy /b 7zS.sfx + config.txt + archive.7z archive.exe

(-y switch for installer module specifies quiet mode for extracting.)

ok i tried vmware again:

WMP10 worked perfectly in svcpack. I used 7zip and the sfx to do it. My config is this:

;!@Install@!UTF-8!
Title="Windows Media Player 10"
RunProgram="setup_wm.exe /DisallowSystemRestore /Q:A /R:N"
;!@InstallEnd@!

Now, for .net framework, the screen popped up to extract and when it was done it said something about the specified file can't be found. and .net didnt install.

;!@Install@!UTF-8!
Title=".NET Framework 1.1 SP1"
RunProgram="msiexec.exe /i netfx.msi /qb"
;!@InstallEnd@!

i didnt fully understand the msiexec.exe part. am i supposed to put that file in the arcive too?