vmware is this right?

dv8

prathapml

Okay i did what you said, and it starts to install , yet im still asked about auto run and if i want to disable it, as well it tells me something about seearching for previous disk images... heres the code im using after you said to change it.

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /VE /D "VMware Workstation" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\005 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\Applications\Vmware\VMware.msi /QB ADDLOCAL=ALL DISABLE_AUTORUN=1 DESKTOP_SHORTCUT=1 SERIALNUMBER=xxxxxx

Any ideas why i still get auto run questions and image questions?

• 4 weeks later...
for your information

After trying every switch I found out that VMWare can not run in a virtual PC. I tried to install the program within the virtual PC and it showed me a message that it can not run in a virtual environment

:whistle: Yep, that was also my result after trying. It seems logical, a virtual pc on a vpc :thumbup

• 3 weeks later...

I use this switch:

start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\Applications\VMWare\VMware.msi /QB ADDLOCAL=ALL REMOVE=Authd,Network DISABLE_AUTORUN=0 DESKTOP_SHORTCUT=1 SERIALNUMBER=KJ5AJ-NAPDC-M8MDZ-4YXZK

And I get to windows throw the installation. How can I do it???

Thnx,

Annita

ERRORS:

post-80-1098709478_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

Try this,

Command line:

VMware-workstation-X.X.X-XXXX.exe /s /v"/qn INSTALLDIR=\"%ProgramFiles%\VMware\" ADDLOCAL=ALL DESKTOP_SHORTCUT=0 DISABLE_AUTORUN=0 REMOVE_LICENSE=1 SERIALNUMBER=\"XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX\""

No need to extract !

VMware-workstation-X.X.X-XXXX.exe - For example, VMware-workstation-4.5.2-8848.exe

XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX - Your serial