Strange Error with XPlode + Windows 2003

digitalfrost

Hi. I created a Windows 2003 CD with XPlode. I just copied the xml files i alreadly use with my Windows 2000 CD. However XPlode doesn't run during Win2k3 Setup. When setup was finished I tried to manually run XPlode.exe but I get the error message "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). Click on OK to terminate application". I also tired to run xplode during setup using the command line, but it doesn't even create a log file, no matter what switches I use :blink:.

I already created a new .iso and downloaded xplode again to make sure the .exe file is intact. Can any1 help me?

Thanks in advance

post-86-1093924933_thumb.png

I can give it a try, but as you allready noticed....it can be helpfull to give some more info on the lines u use to install and at least ATTACH the xml file!!!

So before anyone can help, it's your turn for some file's ;)

Ok here is the xml file. I don't think it matters though. Even when I run xplode without supplying a xml file it should at least create a log file containing "Error opening XML file: D:\Windows CD\$OEM$\$1\XPlode\XPlode.xml" or something, but the program doesn't run at all :(

My cmdlines.txt looks like this:

[COMMANDS]
"..\$OEM$\$1\xplode\Xplode.exe  /xml:#systemdrive#\xplode\1.xml /log:#systemdrive#\xplode1.log"

Edit: I was just testing some old versions. It turns out the old versions work fine, while the newer ones don't:

v1.00 - 1.04: Running Fine

v1.05 - 1.06: No error message but not working

v1.10 and up: "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). Click on OK to terminate application".

1.xml

Thank you very much, teacher.. :blink: (did i say that?)

Hehehe, glad we learn some basic german during the entire school history!

Make's reading this much better.

Ill look into it, perhaps test it on my own machine and report back to you tomorrow.

Since you live in the same timezone as i do, you know what it means when the girly starts asking for me at this hour of the day... :w00t: or just :zzz: ,hmmm dunno!

hi,

your cmdlines.txt looks wierd, please try this:

[COMMANDS]
"%SYSTEMDRIVE%\xplode\Xplode.exe  /xml:#systemdrive#\xplode\1.xml /log:#systemdrive#\xplode1.log"

could be shortened to:

[COMMANDS]
"%SYSTEMDRIVE%\xplode\Xplode.exe  /xml:#xplode#\1.xml /log:#systemdrive#\xplode1.log"

this should solve it, as it looks like xplode isn't found.

hope this helps a bit

cya

Killer Bee

BTW: i haven't noticed any issue with SP2 and xplode v1.1.2

Edited by killerbee

Yup, i tested it and besides the error's of not finding the files (ofcourse) no problem at all!

I go with killerbee here! :yes:

uhm.. killerbee.. a small typo at the 2nd one..?

#xplodee#

an e to much!

So tell us, did it work out for you?

Don't forget guys that cmdlines.txt doesn't support environment variables!

So DO NOT use %systemdrive% or others in it!!!

@digitalfrost

I suggest you put XPlode in a folder <CD ROOT>\$OEM$\XPlode and call it like this:

[COMMANDS]
"XPlode\Xplode.exe  /xml:#XPLODE#\1.xml /log:#systemdrive#\xplode1.log"

You could put it elsewhere to. I have it under <CD ROOT>\Programmes\XPlode and call it via cmdlines.txt:

[COMMANDS]
"..\Programmes\XPlode\XPlode.exe  /xml:#SOURCEDRIVE#\Programmes\XPlode\dd4550.xml /log:#systemdrive#\setup\logs\XPlode.log"

Hi

I ve exactly the same problem with Xplode 1.1.2 or 2.0.

Any guys is using XPlode with Windows 2003 ?

I ve only tested on VMWare.

Help would be greatly appreciated ^_^

My cmdlines.txt :

[Commands]

"run_with_logging.bat"

My run_with_logging.bat :

%SOURCEDRIVE%\Extras\XPlode\XPlode.exe /xml:#XPLODE#\test.xml /log:%SYSTEMDRIVE%\XPlode.log