Intellipoint 5.2 button assignment not working

AZZ710

I have had a MS Bluetooth mouse for months, attempting to use it with my new IBM T41 laptop which has built-in Bluetooth support (integrated transceiver, antenna in lid). I've been waiting like everyone else for SP2 so the Bluetooth mouse support in Intellipoint 5.2 could be enabled.

Finally, I was able to install SP2, I reinstalled Intellimouse 5.2 and still no button assignment possibility. I find that all of the buttons function, but only in their default mode.

To be specific, I told Intellipoint 5.2 to assign Double-Click to the wheel (center) button, Show/Hide Desktop to the large thumb button and Back to the small thumb button. All of these are ignored. At first, I thought there was a problem with the codes the mouse was sending, but then I discovered that the thumb buttons do work as Back and Forward, their default settings. Oddly, the wheel button appears to be assigned to Auto Scroll; in any case, I can't override this, either.

So, then, the buttons work fine. The signals are being transmitted just fine to the laptop's built-in Bluetooth transceiver. These signals are getting to the mouse driver and are being interpreted properly. It's just that my settings for these buttons are not being honored.

If anyone has a clue as to how to solve this, please respond. For as much as I like the feel of this mouse and the lack of a tether, I cannot use it comfortably without my preferred buttons and have gone back to using an old, wired Intellimouse Explorer. Thanks in advance for any help or advice. :puke::puke:

The only Intellipoint version currently installed is 5.2, but I have had a number of different versions installed, from 4.01 on.

It is odd to note that 4.01, the version supplied with the mouse, did work fine for a time, including supporting all of the buttons properly, but it stopped working altogether (the Bluetooth mouse could not be connected). I tried several newer versions of Intellipoint when this happened, but I could not connect to the mouse (though I could connect to my Sony-Ericsson T610 Bluetooth telephone with no trouble) until I installed IBM's Bluetooth-II upgrade. After that point, I could use any version of Intellipoint (4.01, 5.0, 5.1, 5.2) and I could use the mouse with all of them, but my button override parameters were ignored as I said.

I did, indeed, reinstall Intellipoint 5.2 after uninstalling it (no Intellipoint versions remained installed) and uninstalled the driver for IBM's UltraNav built-in pointing devices (stick and touch pad combinatoin) as well before reinstalling Intellipoint 5.2. None of this changed anything.

Any other idea would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Jeff Broido

Morristown, New Jersey, USA

No, I didn't, but I had considered it. The reason I didn't jump on that options is that even without it, I had troubles with this mouse. Also, recall that the extra mouse buttons do work, but as the defaults, except for the wheel button, which has the default behavior for an older version of Intellipoint than I ever had on this new computer. Still, I think I will try that for, in any case, if it doesn't solve the problem I can always reinstall it. When I've done this, I'll post the results, and thanks.

Which mouse model do you have ? I believe it's listed right in IP5.2 (as the only MS bluetooth mouse that I know about is listed)

So either it's the ibm upgrade or old datas in the registry that cause your problem. I hope that uninstalling IBM's upgrade will clean everything. Maybe you'll have to uninstall your bluetooth adapter in the hardware manager and let windows reinstall it right.

Thanks, uninstalling IBM's Bluetooth II did, indeed, enable the mouse, though I'm still baffled as to why. Perhaps the device identification wasn't being properly processed. The trouble is that I can no longer connect to my Bluetooth phone. My next test is to disconnect and reconnect that device, and we'll see what happens. Never a dull moment...

Okay, the IBM's upgrade was probably replacing the Sp2 drivers for bluetooth, or bypassing something in the system which led that IP5.2 wasn't aware of what the mouse was doing.

For your phone, is it still seen by the system ? I believe that's the case, but the software may need to be upgraded to work with SP2 ? Or maybe you need to uninstall/reinstall this software to allow it to redetect the new "drivers" for the bluetooth adapter. Something like that ...