Guide: Mozilla Firefox Unattended

SiMoNsAyS

I had a couple problems with installing XPI extenstions from the cd during the RunOnceEx.cmd

Here is my firefox.cmd that I got to work when run on a normal command line, now I just need to get it running when done from RunOnceEx

cmdow @ /HID

@Echo Off

FOR %%i IN (D: E: F: G: H: I: J: K: L: M: N: O: P: Q: R: S: T: U: V: W: X: Y: Z:) DO IF EXIST %%i\win51ip.SP2 SET CDROM=%%i

SET EX=%CDROM%\Apps\firefox\XPI

%systemdrive%

cd "%programfiles%\Mozilla firefox"

for %%e in ("%CDROM%\Apps\Firefox\XPI\*.xpi") do start /wait firefox.exe -install-global-extension "%%e"

insted of installing each plugin.make a exe and install all of them at a time.like astalavista did.(profile.exe)

Thats just silly. Let's say you want to update an extension. Simply replacing an xpi is all you should need to do on your cd. The profile.exe requires so much more work to do, than simply copying a file over.

@Astalavista, bc you need to add an action for the filetype first. let me explain: download a .wmv file, on the upcoming window select "open with>wmplayer.exe" and check always blah blah blah. if you return to that window you'll see the filetype and the association so you can change it, you don't need to write there :P

@acomputerwiz, try the code at first post instead of naming all the .xpi files.

@sleepnmojo, i agree, that's why i use that method :)

@bmn, he means that if you want to update your extensions it will be more difficult update your profile.exe than update 1 .xpi ;)

Thats just silly. Let's say you want to update an extension. Simply replacing an xpi is all you should need to do on your cd. The profile.exe requires so much more work to do, than simply copying a file over.

First of all, It takes me less than 3 mins to update my profile.exe

and the method i am using is NOT only for XPI, but

for Themes, Settings, Configuration, Bookmarks, Plugins, Custom visual settings, passwords, and etc.

and personally crahaks method never worked for me.

simon,

i dont know what is happening with adobe acrobat w/ firefox.

the only solution i found so far is to uninstall adobe acrobat 7 and reinstall

for the plugin to work.

simon,

can u tell me how i can edit your firefox.exe so i can remove the adobe acrobat

plugin. it doesn't work with adobe acrobat 7

i think u used adobe acrobat 6 plugin

Solution Found

the adobe plugin that u hv w/ your silent installer is from may 2003

which is not compatible with the adobe acrobat 7 version.

the solution is to update the nppdf32.dll file

i remove the old nppdf32.dll and update it to the latest adobe acrobat 7 nppdf32.dll

ok guys i've uploaded a new version of the installer. check first post for more info...

plugins updated to latest vesions (including reader7 plugin ;)), MSFN search plugin, shortcuts for default profile and admin profiles on "%PROGRAMFILES%\Mozilla Firefox" (sorry i haven't been able to locate them on start menu, anyway you can use a batch file to move them), icon size boosted up to 128x128, QFA now is ALWAYS not installed...

hope you find it interesting, uploading at the moment, please check in 5 minutes :)