Guide: Mozilla Firefox Unattended

SiMoNsAyS

I think your right. Extension can't be installed with the config.ini but I can't ues the Step 2 way it's too big. I uesd n-lite to make windows setup smaller then added firefox and some stuff and the cd-r I am useing is a 210mb and the files come to 208-209.

Well, there are other ways to install extensions too. Once this firefox version is final, I'll probably post my whole "guide" too. It's essentially a faster/simplified way, just for english versions though. Perhaps host the modified files or such too (or one big pre-made package)... Right now I'm not bothering with it too much since most of the extensions I just don't work with the new version yet. Also I remember seeing a optimized build of it but I never tried it yet (not sure if the installer and everything is the same).

God don't you just hate it when you have to eat s***. ;)

Well I finally got crahak's method of installing extensions to work...no clue how I f'ed it up but I managed to...same build as tested against prior...so...I got a mouth full. :(

That said create two folders...one called cache_theme & the other cache_xpi save your themes in the theme one and as I'm sure you guessed drop your extensions iont the xpi one. Then place the attached executable out side of both folders, when called from batch or runonce or what ever it will install the contents of both folders...for this to work firefox has to be installed prior...and in its default location.

the key to adding extentions is that dll...

the only reason i suggest using 7zip is because it's free and the same format firefox uses

this method creates a new installer that is entirely customized...

sorry... when i posted that i was just testing the creation of other setup types... this method works for that though it is of limited use as the .xpi files in the installer use an install.js to install while the extention.xpi files use an install.rdf file that the installer doesn't understand (javascript vs xml) looks like the solution to installing extensions is...

start /wait [firefox installer].exe

path/to/firefox.exe -install-global-extension extention.xpi

maybe there is a way to make a meta extention xpi... will lookinto this further...