DLAUTO gets more than just SP2?

jimmytop

Hi! Thanks for this great tool. I just used it to create a new CD with SP2. :D

QUESTION: Should I be using DLAUTO=YES? :huh:

Along with the huge SP2 file, it also downloaded about three other things. What are these? I thought there were no updates/hotfixes to SP2 yet....

It put two things in SVC-X2M (dotnetfx.exe and setup.exe) and one thing in SVC-MSX (HMTCDWizard_enu.exe). :o

Please let me know if I've done this right. I'm not doing anything fancy - just my original retail XP SP1 source plus SP2 plus whatever other updates I need, that's all I'm shooting for. No SATA/RAID drivers, nothing else unusual.

XPCREATE.LOG is attached.

Thanks! :thumbup

XPCREATE.LOG

well you could look at the topic

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showto...ndpost&p=165329

but yep, that seems about right!

There are no critical hotfixes for it yet, only the HMTCDWizard, Dotnetfx, and setup (journal viewer) but not really needed unless you use them.

I chose to disable the downloader as for some reason, i was getting SP1 unpdates downloading even tho I'd already put the sp2 update into the relevent directory.

Clean install of xpcreate and this time it was fine...strange...

Anyhow....if it works for you, then great and the short answer is:

Yes! Thats as it should be :)

Regards,

N.

Thanks it_ybd and GreenMachine! :thumbup

Can I request two small enhancements:

1) If CDBURNER and XPSOURCE are the same drive letter, then XPCreate should prompt the user to remove the source CD and put in the destination CD. Right now it just dies and does not burn the CD. I used CDBurn to do it manually. :rolleyes:

2) Can you add an option to DLAUTO for just auto downloading the Critical Updates? DLAUTO = YES/NO/CRITICAL B)

Thanks again :hello:

-j

You can always request ... however ... XPCREATE functions fine, and I am not really looking for "enhancements" at the moment ... Note how few releases there have been since all the bugs have been worked out.

1) I doubt it, as there are NO prompts in XPCREATE, by design. There is also quite a bit of time between copying and burning. Also, after the first run, the source is moved to the HDD, so this should no longer be an issue.

2) A definite no. One hotfix list is already a pain, two is more work than I care to do. You can make your own lists (see other threads here).

Don't take it personally: many have tried, few have succeeded!

For the life of me, I can't find anything on custom lists.... I've done a few searches but apparently the keywords that seem obvious to me, just don't cut it :wacko:

I did find a text file for SP1 hotfixes/updates. Let's say I wanted to use it, just for example, do I just stick it on my hard drive and change DLURL to that local path insted of http://xpcreate.wiretapped.us/HFLISTS?

Ok I read through 9 pages of that thread. Is this what I need:

DLURL=file://d:/HFLISTS

Or do I need:

DLURL=file://d:/HFLISTS/nameoffile.txt

or do I need:

DLURL=file://d:/HFLISTS/XPP/ENG/nameoffile.txt

Or is everything after HFLISTS hardcoded so I have to save it in a particular folder with a particular name? I'm sorry if these are all stupid questions, but it's not spelled out anywhere. I just finished the rest of that 13 page thread and it's not there either. Thanks for any help???????????????????????

Remember, I've never tried it ...

I think the you need the file here:

D:/HFLISTS/XPP/ENG/XPCTHLST.TXT

XPCREATE.INI should be

DLURL=file://D:/HFLISTS

No, it's not spelled out. It was designed to use the official site, with the official list. This is a user supplied work-around.

Remember, I've never tried it ...

I think the you need the file here:

D:/HFLISTS/XPP/ENG/XPCTHLST.TXT

XPCREATE.INI should be

DLURL=file://D:/HFLISTS

No, it's not spelled out. It was designed to use the official site, with the official list. This is a user supplied work-around.

Thank you so much!

I guess that means you got it going ... Great!

Yes, after a lot of stopping and starting over...finally got it :thumbup . BTW, the file actually goes here:

drive:/pathto/HFLISTS/XPP/ENU/XPCTHLST.TXT

instead of ENG. Also, you were right about what the DLURL should be, just the first part cause the rest of it comes from code.

Now, if I could just get a copy of the XPCTHLST.TXT file from just before it was changed to SP2..... :whistle:

Thanks again for your help.

Hi, see here: http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=25579&hl= for a version of the hotfixlist before SP2.

Hope this helps.

Yes this helps, thank you very much :thumbup .

I'm wondering, was this your own custom list or was this the official list that was used by XPCreate?

If it was your own custom list, how did you go about creating it, or maintaining it?

Thanks again

I believe that is MY list.

Still, this really should be enough to show you how to make a list:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showto...ndpost&p=139066.

Get the files through Windows Update, or similar. Test till you are satified with your collection, and then run the program MAKELIST to ... make the list. You will need to find the URLs on your own. Perhaps a network traffic monitor will help.