Integrate hotfixes in WinPE CD

Rui Pereira

Hello all,

I've been searching this forum for this kind of subject but to be honest I didn't find any procedure or tool to integrate hotfixes in WinPE CD.

I've read KB828217 that talkes about integration of fix 824146 but some other fixes don't have the same structure of files that we could take this KB doc into a standard procedure.

Since the customer wants to prevent from any known vulnerages using integration of public hotfixes, what can I do for it?

Sorry but here is the only forum where people seems to know what they talk about.

Thanks a lot!

Extract the file(s) from the hotfix package, either from a CD-ROM or Web site.

Copy the hotfix file(s) into the corresponding Windows PE folder, located in the temporary storage directory. You must overwrite the original file(s) with the hotfix file(s).

Example

3. If the hotfix files are .dll files, copy these files to the following folder:

C:\winpe.tmp\i386\system32

4. If the hotfix files are device driver files, copy these files to the following folder:

C:\winpe.tmp\i386\system32\drivers

Just remember to specify your dir's into the bold places.

HTH

Edited by likuidkewl

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you guys.

But by the way, be carefulf when extracting your hotfix.

If you don't extract it using -x switch and instead, you use something like WinRAR, you won't be able to get those replacement files correctly.

Just thougth it could be meaningfull.

Thanks again.