multilanguage windows

You'll need to posses those two windows version. You'll need to make a multi-boot CD. Search for a tutorial on this.

I'm not sure it will fit on a simple CD since english/german/whatever else languages files are not the same...

There is something that is called "Multilanguage User Interface". I don't know about the prices in other countries, but in germany a Windows XP pro MUI version only costs about 4 Euros more than a standard XP pro licence. I am using this kind of installation at work and it works perfectly fine. It works like this:

• Install Windows XP pro (english)
  • Install any language pack you like (I can't find a list, but you may start looking here:
    Windows XP Home and Professional Editions)
  • Set your regional settings to the standard language (this is a per user setting, although you may define a default language)

Microsoft says that merely all languages that are available at these 4 cds will change 98% of all text boxes. I can confirm that for german, englisch, polish italian and spanish. A great thing to do, but be careful with service pack 2 as there is a lot of new text in it. I heard that MS will be releasing the MUI version a month later that SP2 which means that it will be appr. at the beginning of september!

Nephilim

P.S.: BTW, Office 2003 also features this MUI installation. Other programs and tools, may set their language within the registry for CURRENT_USER. So there you have you MUI installation!

Nephilim,

I heard that MS will be releasing the MUI version a month later that SP2 which means that it will be appr. at the beginning of september!

I think all MUI SP2 updates are published now - see Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 841625 "An update is available for the WinXP MUI Pack". Or do you know about something addtitional ?

I am interested because I want to add MUI SP2 to my unattend installation (see this thread and also this one), so let me know.

exXtreme

No I was talking about an SP2 for MUI. The page you link only translates problems for WMP and Movie Maker etc. But the "Security Center" and the "Wireless Wizard" will still remain in english!! Atleast that's what I caught roughly reading the page ;-)

But I don't know anything for sure ATM.

Nephilim

Nephilim,

based on this article I don't think SP2 for MUI will be published.

If you find different info, please let me know. And if you resolve problem with slipstreaming MUI with SP2, I will appreciate you will share HOW-TO. Thank you in advance.

exXtreme

P.S.: From my perspective we are talking about same thing - MUI SP2 is MUI with SP2 applied.