How to uninstall Win 98 under o/s winxp?

wzperson

Currently I have two operating systemes win98 and winxp. At startup, a os selection menu appears. Now I wanna uninstall win98 so that I don't have to select the menu at every startup. But I have no idea how to uninstall win98 safely and completely under winxp? Anyone knows?

3 things....

One to delete 98 easy way just look at your drives using XP. Find 98 and right click on that drive and choose formatt.

Two right click my Computer/properties/advance/start up and recovery and under System startup click on edit. In wordpad delete the line that has 98 listed and thats it. clcik save and close it.

Third back under ststem startup click on "Default operating systems find XP.(It may already be your default but reclick)Choose ok and reboot. That should be it. Let me know how it works out.

-Chris

• 6 years later...
3 things....

One to delete 98 easy way just look at your drives using XP. Find 98 and right click on that drive and choose formatt.

Two right click my Computer/properties/advance/start up and recovery and under System startup click on edit. In wordpad delete the line that has 98 listed and thats it. clcik save and close it.

Third back under ststem startup click on "Default operating systems find XP.(It may already be your default but reclick)Choose ok and reboot. That should be it. Let me know how it works out.

-Chris

Yes but what about boot.ini, ntldr, ntdetect.com and bootsect.dos.

Won't these files be deleted too? They are always located at C: when dual-booting.

Win98 was at C: since it was his first OS install.

Without "repairing" winXP how on earth he is going to load XP?

(OK I know this is a very old post,but I couldn't resist posting,he he)