Resolution Changer

Where are people putting the command to change the resolution?

I put this into the top of my RunOnceEx but it doesn't seem to work.

1365VidChng.exe 1280x1024x32@60 -q

I presume it works for laptops too?

If your install is unattended, you can use winnt.sif to change your resolution (provided the current driver supports the given settings).

[Display]
AutoConfirm=1
BitsPerPel=32
ConfigureAtLogon=1
Vrefresh=60
Xresolution=1280
Yresolution=1024

• 1 month later...

I have run to the same problems aswell, and the 1365VidChng.exe doesn't work for me ethier. Is it because I'm testing on VMware as opposed to a real machine. I know that installing in VMware, the only Sync rate avaliable is 1. Is it possible to incorperate a method that can determine the best settings and impliment them in RunOnceEx at first logon? I've tried many things including...

REG ADD %KEY%\000 /VE /D "Setting Screen Resolution" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\000 /V 1 /D "1365VidChng.exe 800x600x32@1 -q" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\000 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Windows\System32\1365VidChng.exe 800x600x32@1 -q" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\000 /V 1 /D "1365VidChng.exe 800x600x32@1 -q" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\000 /V 2 /D "1365VidChng.exe 1024x768x32@60 -q" /f

The last one is my attempt to have multiple settings. If the secound resolution is possible then it will be activated, however if not the previous would work. I've been trying all types of things, but have unable to get it to work. It does work if I run it all by itself once I get to the windows desktop in a CMD file.

Any help :unsure:

• 4 weeks later...

This problem also confused me.

I found that if winxp couldn't recognize and install your vga driver 1365vidchng.exe doesn't work. I also found that if I install svga driver (vmwares tools) in vmwares this command does work. You know I try it after winxp was installed.

I still wonder if I try on the real machine which runs the vmware the problem sill happen?

============

I know the answer now.

For people having trouble with resolution problems in VMware, see this thread:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showto...ndpost&p=160318

On the third page, there is a download link for the VMware video drivers. You can incorporate those into your installation and won't have to worry about using a command to change the resolution; the appropriate info in your winnt.sif will suffice.

Of course, this doesn't address resolution problems you may encounter during installation on a real system. That will depend on your real video drivers.