prathapml

Do you have a Gmail account?  

215 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have a Gmail account?

• Yes
    • No
    • What is Gmail?

@Famer

right said. This thread is only meant for existing members, who would've been around here for some time. Do sign up with MSFN for the sake of getting Gmail, if you want to. But remember that you must make atleast 20 posts, and atleast a week must pass, before you can be considered for receiving a Gmail invitation from here.

@everybody

Do you remember the rush there was for accounts when gamehead generously made a similar thread? (a few weeks ago). People had to say multiple times that they had no invites at that point of time to give out, and gamehead finally closed it - such was the spamming there. And now this? Multiple people announcing multiple times that there's no takers? Is this the same world at all? This thing has stood itself on the head, it seems.

Ha ha ha, :lol: people are saturated with availability of Gmail accounts, maybe Google has to consider finishing up with the "testing" status - and go offering accounts public without all these obstacles of "invitations".

As far as I know even when GMail will finish its beta stage, accounts could only be created based on an invitation.

And I don't know why they are still beta. It already passed more than half a year since they launched the beta. they had lot of time for tests.

As far as I know even when GMail will finish its beta stage, accounts could only be created based on an invitation.
Oh! Is it so?

That sucks! Too bad for those waiting for it to go public.

And yes, to their credit, their "beta" service doesn't look that way at all. All functionality is available, and works perfectly. But they just about have passed 6 months from the date of launch. I still remember - the first of April, the announcement of a 1000 MB mailbox, the shock-waves it sent through every-body, the "april-fool" allegation - yup, they've come some distance since then.

<snip>

IE and IE-based browsers are history as far as I'm concerned.

<snip>

A better option to exercise is to payback google by not blocking out their ads. That makes me think - hey, how can I block out "NolookingcaAdSense"s ads? :P LOL

<snip>

And about the late "cashing-in" on the invite, yeah, I know friends who didn't use their invites until it was about to expire (Gmail invites will expire in 3 weeks, as the mail says) -  so you are much quicker.

As far as I know, most multi-tabbed applications have three ways to close a tab:

<snip>

You might want to try Avant Browser, there's even a way to fit it with a gecko engine.

Just so you know, I don't actually mind the ads (you should see yahoo....)

The invites expire? Guess it's true that when they say, "Learning something new every day" :D (what are you staring at me for? like you read every piece of email from top to bottom)

So does that mean Opera can close tabs every other way without problems? BTW, does the Firefox middle-click way work? If so, that's probably easier than a button (IMO, of course)

So to make this not totally off topic,

That conversation thing is truly one of a kind.

That conversation thing is truly one of a kind.
yes. Especially when you change your mail address in msfn user control panel, to your Gmail account. :P (so that "topic subscription reply" notifications come into using "Conversations")

And you CAN assign the other buttons on the mouse special functions (like close tab for middle-button as you said). But I don't use it since my scroll mouse makes it difficult to middle-click.

And yeah, I have tried avant browser, its of poor design. MyIE2 (known now as maxthon) can flog it dead anyday! :lol:

And Maxthon can be modded as well, to use the gecko engine for page-rendering.

<snip>

Especially when you change your mail address in msfn user control panel, to your Gmail account. :P  (so that "topic subscription reply" notifications come into using "Conversations")

<snip>

But I don't use it since my scroll mouse makes it difficult to middle-click.

<snip>

And yeah, I have tried avant browser, its of poor design. MyIE2 (known now as maxthon) can flog it dead anyday! :

<snip>

I never thought about it that way, but now that I (actually) think about it, the emails that comes attached with the topic subscriptions had been a major annoyance. All I can say is: Horray Gmail!

You should really consider getting a new mouse....

Personally, I think MyIE2 sucks :realmad: compared to Avant, and I'm Chinese.

I have a few invites floating around.

Requirements? Just be helpful in answering others' questions and/or help to solve their problems in their threads. Help out in the MSFN community and stuff or something.

If you're really helpful and have great insight, ~10 would be enough :P