Adding new network dirvers

bluelou

I know this has been a topic before, but I still need to be sure

On my Toshiba Tecra M2 under driver details on my netwrok card it says that the files are placed under the \system32 folder. 1 of the files is placed under \system32\drivers folder. When I copy those files under my \system32 and \system32\drivers folder on my PE source I would expect it to work. But it does not. When I PXE boot from my RIS server chooseing PE is stops under the loading of WindowsPE says that it cannot find the needed network driver.

Got any ideas guys?

THnx for the feedback, but somehow this does not work.

I have problem with the HP D530 Small Form Factor Modell and the Toshiba Tecra M2 laptop. The HP uses a Broadcom network adapter and the Toshiba uses a Intel adapter.

Anyone have any experience with those models?

Yes I have, and I have also tried with no luck.. So here is what I do

I have installed WinPE suooprt for RIS. So when I PXE boot i will get the WinPE.

However on my HP Compaq D530 SFF and on my Toshiba Tecra M1 and M2 this is not working (it works on all computers that have native drivers support for their NIC in Win XP, so I might be doin something wring)

I have installed Win XP manually on those models, and ofcoz WinXP cannot find the driver for the NIC. I have downloaded the different NIC drivers and installed 'em. Works fine. I extract the .inf the .sys the .cat .bin .dll .din files that are aviable and place them under the following structure on my WinPE (RIS) share.

I386\INF for my .inf files

I386\system32\Drivers for my .sys files

I386\system32 for everything else.

I then boot my RIS server and PXE boots into the RIS menu. When doing this on my D530 or Toshiba Tecra modells it never works. It stops during the loading sessions saying "The operating system image you selected does not contain the necessary drivers for your network adapter................" However when doin this on the computers that has native NIC driver support in WinXP it works perfect. So what am I doing wrong.

What version of WinPE are you using? Also I searched the MS OEM system builder site here and couldn't find your post. Also have you tried builing your PE image with SP2 or not?

//EDIT//

Also, do you have physical access to the machine? If so when you type

"netcfg -v -s a" does it show your network adapter?

Version 1.2

Not posted anything on the OEM forum.

Not useing sp2

New WinPE will be available to Sys. Builders soon, seems to fix some errors, also I am thinking back and i had this problem to when running "factory -winpe", I fixed it by utilizing a batch which included this:

regsvr32 /s netcfgx.dll

factory -minint

netcfg -v -winpe

net start dhcp

net start nla

This uses plug and play to find your network card.

//EDIT//

Didn't we cover this before and you said you got it working here:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showto...ndpost&p=177237

Edited by likuidkewl

I have those lines in my startnet.cmd file

Also my PE over RIS fails before it can load startnet.cmd. (coz of the the missing network drivers)

When I run the PE from a CD, it loads but it does not load with drivers for my NIC.

(coz the correct drivers are not there)

If that did make any sense.