problem with unattended boot screen kernel

What you could have done....

is open up the bitmap in Photoshop or something, write down the hex values, flip them, and then in the new kernel locate the strings for the ORIGINAL pallete, and just overwrite. Same with the progress bar. You just need to know the position to put it.

The palette wasn't really a problem, that was easy. The big problem was the progress bar strings. (62 01 00 00 and 6A 01 00 00). There are quite a few more instances of those 2 strings then the ones that are actually for the progress bar postion/size.

As far as the palette goes, it was easier just to copy the palette from the old kernel in my hex editor and paste it into the new kernel instead of using a image editor and fooling around with flipping the values and such. For me anyway... :P

it all depends on what you're trying to do and how you're installing your applications. If they all run off CD, then take it about at T-14 , otherwise it won't matter as if you change something you'll need to change the file in the snapshot.

Ihaveabu,

Somehow in the process of making the dualkrnl, it ended up twice the size it should have been. (4mb instead of ~2mb). I fixed the problem so you might want to download that 7zip file again. Use the same link.

I think it was the max file size setting in my editor althought ntoskrnl turned out okay. *shrug*