SP2 screwed up my laptop screen resolution!

jimwillsher

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop with the "GeForce2 440 Go" display. When I installed SP2 the resolution changed from 1024x768 to 969x768, and now I cannot go higher than 969x768 (or 800x600).

I've now done a full reinstall with slipstreamed SP2. Same problem. I've also installed the latest NVidia drivers. Same problem.

Seems like it affects this card - others found the same problem in the beta (see here)

Can anyone suggest a workaround/solution? It's a pain having a big black band on the right hand side of the screen! :realmad:

Jim

did you check to see if the display driver it self is the correct one?

Is there an updated version on the manufactorers website?

Also under display settings did you remove the v from the box to let it use modes not supported by your screen?

Hi Screemer,

There's no updates on the Mfr website (Nevidia has a unified driver), and I don't remember seeing a checkbox re: modes. The "List all modes" option only lists up to the 969 res.

I'll check nvidia again to be sure.

Jim

I have exactly the same problem. The Toshiba satellite 1410 s173 has been a major pain with all its funny little problems. Anyways, I have a nice clean install, didn’t use the factory cd though but a clean slipstream SP2 cd. Latest driver… Still cannot change the resolution. If I delete the driver and restart the computer, it will fill the whole screen at 800x600 then when the driver is installed it will not fill the whole screen, not even in 800x600, it will leave a blank band on the right side of the screen and max resolution is 969x768, what’s up with that? What kind of frigging resolution is that :realmad: .. That’s to least say kind of annoying…

There is no info on Toshibas or Ndiva web site about this…

Was anyone able to fix this problem?

Thank you....