SP2 Problem

i have been making unattended disks for awhile with no problems. I decided to give SP2 a go. Slipstreamed a clean disk. Tested ... worked. Made unattended ... worked fine. then as soon as i add the $OEM$ folder i get an error. see pic. Windows cannot load the Internet Configuration library (ICFGNT.DLL) etc... take the OEM folder out ... it works .... put it in ... doesnt work. any ideas. always the same error. I use CDIMAGE to make the ISO.

See Pic Here[/

• 1 month later...

This is driveing me NUTS. I cant figure it out. I have tried over and over and always the same thing at the 15min mark. I downloaded an unattended SP2 with 4.2GB and it worked fine. as soon as I changed it and made a new disk I get this same error.

ANY IDEAS PLEASE ... take a look at the pic please.

is there maybe a copy of it floating around in your $OEM$ --> $$ folder?

can't think of any other way that might pop up just by adding the $OEM$ folder...

maybe you should start over fresh...that fixed alot of problems for me

Hello, I had the same problem with win2003 and winxp-sp2.

Two ideas that might solve your problem:

Try recopying the following two files NTDLL.DLL and SMSS into your I386/System32/

Also remove the following or anything related to iexplorer settings from your winnt.sif

see if this fixes your problem...

If this is a multi-boot DVD or CD make sure that you have in your boot folder a folder called System32 with these files in it: NTDLL.DLL and SMSS

Like I said before I had exactly the same problem...

Why don't you try the following:

1) recopy windows xp to your xpcd folder in c:

2) redownload sp2

3) reslipstream manually sp2 using

cd \ [ENTER]

cd sp2 [ENTER]

xpsp2.exe /integrate:c:\xpcd [ENTER]

at one time I actually hat to download sp2 twice because some how it got corrupted.

Also check your cd drive make, sure is in good working condition and check your cd media for scratches.

Lastly, before copying the XP CD make sure that the system is set to display all hidden and system files to ensure a complete copy of all files on the CD. The settings to control what files are visible are located in Windows Explorer > Tools > Folder Options > View tab. Make sure [show hidden files and folders] radio button is selected and [Hide protected operating system files] is unchecked.

It looks to me like your machine is not copying all the files correctly; some how something doesn't get copied or something gets corrupted.

If this doesn't work for you I don't know what else to tell you...

Lastly, before copying the XP CD make sure that the system is set to display all hidden and system files to ensure a complete copy of all files on the CD.

Thanks dude. I feel like such an id***. hide sys files was on. i usually have this turned off but i guess last time i did an install i forgot to change it.

is there a reg entry to do this automaticly?