why uA installs are a boon

prathapml

Re-direct all those doubting thomases who ask why they should bother making an unattended CD or ghost image, to this page. :lol:

Check out this guy's harrowing experience, concurs with most of ours too! How do you feel about seeing another person suffer as much as you? See the linked html file or download the attachment below to see the full scale of his adventure (that HTML file has comments by others too). I assure you, its worth the 10 mins or so that it would take to read it. Now..... who's gonna introduce him to unattended installs? :blink:

How to install Windows XP in 5 hours or less

My Windows XP installation has reached its half-life. (You do know that Windows has a half-life, don’t you? Every installation of Windows naturally degrades along a logarithmic curve until it becomes annoying, then unbearable, then unusable. Each successive revision of Windows has featured a slightly longer half-life. Back in the day, Windows 95 would last me about 3 months, while my copy of Windows XP has lasted me almost 9. I’m not bitter; when you realize that you’re measuring on a logarithmic scale, a factor of 3 improvement is really quite impressive.)

Still, the fact remains that my Windows XP laptop can no longer (a) print, (b ) sleep, or (c ) change network settings without crashing. This is not multiple choice; it can’t do any of those things. It’s time for a clean re-install.

--- 147 steps to bring PC back to usable state --- (read the attached html)

rant.zip

Holy crap! I'm surprised he retained his grammatical skills until the end and didn't end up a quivering blob of insanity...

This is hilarious, and oh so true.  :lol:

Or I should say that he could have all the patience to install WinXP, but how did he have all the patience AGAIN to write down those endless steps?! :o