Paperclip Recognized by Windows

gamehead200

Well, I've been at my dad's office for about an hour or so now and I was just bored... So, I just stuck one of those big paperclips into one of the Dell's USB ports, and lo-and-behold Windows found a new USB device! :lol: It even said it installed the drivers for it! :w00t: But after, it just said it couldn't recognize it...

Did it again after that and the computer restarted! :P

So, I just stuck one of those big paperclips into one of the Dell's USB ports, and lo-and-behold Windows found a new USB device!<snip>

Why in the world, would you put a paperclip in the usb-port of a pc. if you had some bad luck, jou broke it

So, I just stuck one of those big paperclips into one of the Dell's USB ports, and lo-and-behold Windows found a new USB device!<snip>

Why in the world, would you put a paperclip in the usb-port of a pc. if you had some bad luck, jou broke it

Its old... ;)

ROFL...  :lol:

Now what's next?

Are we going to have Windows Update announce the latest hardware device drivers (WHQL approved) for gamehead's paper-clip ?

I guess Microsoft should satisfy customer needs whatever they are! :P

gamehead reminded me of that woman who inserted her VISA card in the floppy drive to send her card number to AOL! :lol:

Actually, creating a driver for Gamehead's paperclip would be a great idea. If you have two, then we can create a driver that changes the background of the desktop based on whether or not the two paperclips are touching.

I shall call that ... ClipUSB B)

ROFL...   :lol:

Now what's next?

Are we going to have Windows Update announce the latest hardware device drivers (WHQL approved) for gamehead's paper-clip ?

I guess Microsoft should satisfy customer needs whatever they are! :P

gamehead reminded me of that woman who inserted her VISA card in the floppy drive to send her card number to AOL! :lol:

Wow. what a huge surprise if the floppy accepts the visa card! ;)

Wow. what a huge surprise if the floppy accepts the visa card! ;)

It's not a joke, really. Here it is:

Customer: "Hi. I'm trying to buy something on the Internet, and the web site wants my credit card."

Tech Support: "Ok. If your positive it's a secure connection, and you're on a reputable dealer's site, go ahead and enter the numbers."

Customer: "Well, every time I insert my credit card, nothing happens. Now it's stuck."

Tech Support: "What?! Insert your card? What do mean it's stuck?"

Customer: "It won't come out of the slot."

I decided to see exactly what she was talking about. My fears were confirmed when I arrived at her cubicle. She had been trying to slide the card into the floppy drive and managed to push it all the way in. I decided to have fun with her and told her it was being electronically sent over the line to the web site. She stared at me with a look of shock on her face, and said something I'll never forget: "Is that what they mean by 'Credit card transactions can take twenty-four hours to process.'?"