Runnin VBS scripts in WindowsPE

bluelou

I wonder how i am supposed to run *.vbs files in PE. I have copied both cscript.exe and wscript.exe from an windows xp computer into the system32 on the PE source. It runs the csript.exe file, but when typeing; cscript.exe file.vbs I get that .vbs in an unknow extension???? This does not happen with the same file in Windows XP. What is the reason..

Another question is. WHen PE loads is starts the Factory -winpe. Then I have to choose quit to get to the command promt. How can u automaticly go to command promt without choseing Quit??

BlueLou

To use .vbs files you need to run the buildoptionalcomponents.vbs, and to not load factory.exe you need to edit the statnet.bat and delete the factory switch if you want to for some reason. You need it for networking though.

Thnx for ur reply. But It must be possible to fully automate a winpe boot and still have a network connetion. I mean I want to skip the "quit" part of it to get to command promt.

I need to be able to run .VBS based scripts to for instance read the certain values from the hardware. Like the computer modell type. The reason I need this is to created a major corp. deploy for win xp. ..( I need to create a variable in that is %machinetype% and use it to copy only those drivers to the local PnP Path. For instance if u have an toshiba Tecra M2, the modelltype would be tecra m2. and the PnP path would be \drivers\%modelltype%\.... It would be hopeless to manage a solution where u have like 100 different laptops and desktops. Just imagine the size of the dirver folder)

Seems to me like your factory settings are screwed up in the startnet.cmd. It should be

factory -minint

The VBS support will be added when using buildoptionalcomponents.cmd look for the documentation in the OPK.chm

Also what version are you using?

If you could ost up your startnet.cmd that would help and also have you modified the setupreg.hiv file in anyway?

I am useing version 1.2

Not modified any cmd files at all. Or any reg files either

I am runnin PE over RIS server. (followed the ms blueprint)

I am running with the -minint swith (which I belive is default).

BlueLou

• 4 weeks later...