POssible ATI-Catalyst Solution (4.8 driver)

marty56

I have been unable to get the Catalyst 4.8 driver to install in silent mode without requesting a reboot. I noticed in the Catalyst directories there are folder of Driver, WDM, and CPanel with there own setup prgram and .iss files. The WDM didnt have a .iss file.

I think the problem is that the setp program in the Catalyst directory installs several prgrams and if you use the -R option, you get the last program's .iss file.

I dont know if this is true but I decided to install the Driver, WDM, and CPanl prgrams in that order using the .iss files allready in the folders and the new one for WDM.

It seemed to work as a test and I am generating a bootable DVD to test it from. I'll post my results.

If anyone knows if I am doing something wrong or havent got the situation right, please post the info.

I am a newbee in making unattended Windows XP disks so please be nice to me.

This method worked fine for me.  The only work I have left to do is to disable the registration dialog box that pops up when you 1st log in after the install.  I am sure its a registry setting.

you know that has been annoying me for quite sometime.....I shall look as well. Let the race begin....

Hmm, I never thought that people would actually try to use the main install program to install the others. I always thought people used the individual folders and setup programs for each component.

Well going off of Kaspin idea couldn't you just do up a AutoIt script to look for the required driver files in use....put in place by OEM driver install, if found it installs wanted add-on support files.

I'll see if I can't write up a sample script with an answer file in the next day or so.

Always got to be some one trying to be cute. ;)

Okay let me break it down for you.

1. Base drivers get installed like normal from OemPnPDriversPath.

2. GUIRunOnce, executes AutoIt file.

3. AutoIt scans System32 folder for driver dll's put in place by OemPnPDriversPath.

4. AutoIt then takes collected dll info and applys answer sheet.

5. AutoIt then installs Add-on goodies based off of the answer sheet & dll info

The answer sheet basically would store the disired add-ons based off what is found...if ATI is installed it could install the ATI control pannel, Rage3D tweaker, certain reg tweaks....but if it finds Nvidia it would install selected components for that....so on and so forth.

Thus your CD could install on a wider range of systems...rather than only ATI or only Nvidia...that is if you wanted the correct add-ons.

I don't know about you...but I don't want the ATI control pannel on a Nvidia box. :)

Always got to be some one trying to be cute. ;)

Okay let me break it down for you.

1. Base drivers get installed like normal from OemPnPDriversPath.

2. GUIRunOnce, executes AutoIt file.

3. AutoIt scans System32 folder for driver dll's put in place by OemPnPDriversPath.

4. AutoIt then takes collected dll info and applys answer sheet.

5. AutoIt then installs Add-on goodies based off of the answer sheet & dll info

The answer sheet basically would store the disired add-ons based off what is found...if ATI is installed it could install the ATI control pannel, Rage3D tweaker, certain reg tweaks....but if it finds Nvidia it would install selected components for that....so on and so forth.

Thus your CD could install on a wider range of systems...rather than only ATI or only Nvidia...that is if you wanted the correct add-ons.

I don't know about you...but I don't want the ATI control pannel on a Nvidia box. :)

Sounds really complicated IMHO....

It can be done easier, by combining Kaspin's method (he wasn't the first one I think, search this forum) with IF EXIST statements.

hmm not really...the script maybe to some degree...but end user's wouldnt' be toying with that...just the answer sheet.

; VIDEO DRIVERS ATI

set install_ATI_Control_Pannel="Y"
set install_ATI_Rage3d_Tweaker="N"