Problems installing drivers with F-6 Unattend CD

Aland

OK heres the problem i have Windows xp PRO. I slipstreamed SP1a into it. Then

created the svcpack.inf and winnt.sif file. I also did a command file for Gui runonce

so i have all updates installing up to now. When i try to install ANY scusi or raid driver through the floppy by pressing F-6 durring the beginning of the install the drivers are accepted by setup but latter says it cannot find the files durring the install. So i press enter to "Retry" and i watch the floppy drive get accesed but it still says it cannot find the files. I am so confused and i tried to include as much info as possible. Plese help !

I have look through the forums for the answor. The question is how do you install raid drivers through the F-6 at the beginning of windows install.

all the replies to multiple peeps asking this question is where to go to slip stream the driver into the cd. Which is not what i actually want. The originall cd installs the drivers using the F-6 command so why dous the slipstreamed one dous not

I have burned and tested multiple cd,s at least 18 times over the period of 2 months. But to my ever loving shame no luck :blushing: Plese somone rescue my

brain from becoming a pile of command line mush :wacko:

Thnk you all who have any answors

you cant...in the course of making an unattended cd, it breaks the F6 (I think its by simply using winnt.sif) if you remove winnt.sif, f6 will work...the reason noone touches it is ITS BEEN SAID, COVERED, BEATEN TO DEATH WITH A STICK...if you dont use winnt.sif, then your iso is broken

Wow so everything i do to try F-6 is futile. :} What a major bummer so i have no choice but to install the raid into the cd. :angry: Well i guess im off to try this slipstreamed driver install. Thank you for all your help and replies i finnally got the finnal resalution to my question. I just hope i dont have to be back for the slipstreaming of the driver :whistle:

Keep up the good work :w00t:

I will post soon here, because i'm pretty sure that i STILL have the F6 option availlable during my setup!!

Completely unattended, winnt.sif and so on! (only partition choises)

Must say that i don't need it anymore, since i integrated my Silicon Image SiI 3112 SATARaid drivers into my XPCD.

Give me a couple of days before i try my new XPCD and will let you know then if i'm still correct that i do have it availlable!

(am still waiting for an reply and some help with a shortcut command for XPlode)

By the way, which drivers do you want to integrate??

BAM, if you use winnt.sif, then you dont...txtmode will still display the option of pressing f6, but when you do, you will have the same problem as aland...I believe microsoft even talks about winnt.sif breaking F6 in their manual on unattended installs.

OKAY ... :blushing:

Didn't know that, i saw it, but never used it!

So you can only see, but it doesn't work anymore... that's a nice one... NOT!

Thnx, for the fast answer on this. (shall zipp my lips now.. :P )

You being mean??? Did i miss something?? :lol:

I'm not "offended", it was in my eyes a perfectly correct post!

You only have such an evil voice.. HAHAHA :thumbup just kidding.

(you just made a friend)

little offtopic:

uhmmm, while u are still here, do you have some skill with XPlode?

see the shortcut post overthere if you are willing to help a bit...

EDIT:

okay, and here is Aaron with the answer i see, but does removing that line means that the $oem$ dir's won't be copieed over now? A'm i correct or do i need to zipp my lips again and just read?

EDIT:

okay, and here is Aaron with the answer i see, but does removing that line means that the $oem$ dir's won't be copieed over now? A'm i correct or do i need to zipp my lips again and just read?

That's right, but there's a crude workaround involving XCOPY in cmdlines.txt to copy them over instead, plus OemPnpDriversPath is defunct too.

Call me crazy, or maybe it's the lack of sleep causing me to mis-read this forum, but why wouldn't you just put the drivers in the unattended to begin with? F6 is a pain :)

I have 4 different mobo's with 3 different SATA chips - all of them install quite happily.

I've used Greenmachine's instructions for each one, and it works flawlessly.

*EDIT: OK...I reread and that's exactly what parent poster DOESN'T want to do...so ignore this post.