jcarle's Utilities

Attached is a .rar archive with CBin.exe together with an installer .inf file.

I made that inf because CBin installer asks for .NET1 while you don't need it if you have .NET2.

Beside, It's so much lighter !

Usage: decompress to wherever you want. Right-click the inf and choose 'Install'.

It will copy CBin in 'Program files', add a shortcut in SendTo and an Uninstall entry will be added in 'add/remove programs'.

I learned & leeched the inf structure from CAB Tool Installer/Uninstaller inf file by Philippe Coulombe.

CBin.rar

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
It's been a hell of a long time, but I'm back... sort of. The links are updated and the files are available for download directly from my personal servers again. I'm overloaded with work in my personal life, but I've seen just how popular these few utilities have become, so I've updated the source and recompiled them with Visual Studio 2005. I'll be trying to update the programs, maybe re-write them... I'll be bringing into this mix a couple of my other utilities in the near future too.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Thanks for Compression Bin. I have been looking and testing all compression programs I could find. This one took a 347mg file and made it a 87mg file. There is one problem that I am running into. How does one uncompress the output file that compression bin makes? I can not get this program or winace, winrar, uharc, winrk, 7zip, gzip, and lha to open the file type ac_