jcarle's Utilities

Excellent Work!! :D

the image problem is fixed. :D

just something else here... when you attempt to open a bbu thast has the propaganda text removed, XPreview will not open it and says strings 27,28 are missing. which is correct and i want them missing. but i will not be able to preview the screen. so maybe add a IF line or whatever. i cannot code at all :rolleyes:

When you remove the MS text, you're actually supposed to change the string table to " ", not completely remove. I believe it errors if some of the text is removed completely and the strings are missing outright, no?

I removed the text from file.

26, "Some text"

turn it into

26, ""

then compiled and all "" and string numbers removed automatically.

Only 2 string numbers give the error? 27 & 28.

String 28 does not exist in original?

When you change a string to "", it removes it.

However, what I'm curious to find out is what happens during setup when you run this winntbb.dll? The last time I tested a setup screen by removing the strings completely, it's errored on me during the loading of the setup screen. If you effectively remove a string and setup still loads, let me know? Or if someone can tell me if they have an original winntbb.dll (from microsoft) unmodified that DOESN'T include strings 27/28, let me know... I'll make some adjustments to XPreview's winntbb plug-in.

• 2 weeks later...
So where do I load build 4253 from..?  I've removed all the MSpropaganda nonsense you see...

Thanks,

Gray

Build 4253, is the plugin build.

The program build is 4250.

Download it from the first post, in this thread. :)

Could you provide instructions on repacking the driver and sp2driver cab files using extreme compression with your utility? Please.

The compression bin does not support CAB files at the moment.

For repacking of drivers.cab and other CABs, you can use CABARC.EXE using syntax similar to:

cabarc -r -p -m LZX:21 N mmssetup.cab *.*