more irc

Micropocalypse

Go to h*tp:w*w.polaris2001.com That's what most are using and you should learn how to set up there. Really, you want to set up a channel within infatech or dalnet...those are the servers.

Rick

I have no clue about how to set something like that up although I am sure that anybody can do it. You need to go to one of the irc channels and ask some of the mods there if nobody here is able to give you a definite answer.

Rick

You will need IRC Server software, and I don't know of any. But you will be needing to keep your PC on *all* the time with no reboots and a 'always on' internet connection to keep this server online to prevent annoying other users on it. It requires a lot of setting up (chanserv, nickserv and all that) I wouldn't bother.

Guest LouCypher

[b:4d467d3cac]barnettp[/b:4d467d3cac]: bad link, there's no webpage there except a placeholder for the Namezero DNS registrar.

[b:4d467d3cac]Franke[/b:4d467d3cac]: he's looking for an IRC [b:4d467d3cac]SERVER[/b:4d467d3cac] that supports server-to-server linking.

Here's a great page with lots of links to what you're looking for:

h*tp://www.wircds.net/index.shtml

I'd recommend downloading the latest Unreal[/color:4d467d3cac] beta and also a copy of wIRCd Advanced for generating the ircd.conf file.

There is also a shareware program that's pretty cool:

h*tp://www.ircplus.com

I don't know where to find a crack for the latest version of it though. There are patches for the older 1.5 version, but not 2.5...

Unreal's home page: h*tp://www.unrealircd.org