Adobe Reader 6.02 silent install

I'm not sure if you can call it from cmdlines.txt or not, since it runs an MSI file. You might actually be OK, though, since it is calling msiexec. I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't work, though, and you had to run it from RunOnceEx or GuiRunOnce.

Yes, it runs switchless.

Oh no...

The source is not there now?

Well, fortunately I downloaded the previous release of yours, (no printme, and all that...). E-mailing it to the mailID you gave me. :)

Should reach you in about half-an-hour (sick connection speeds, at my end).

I use Orca for changing file version/size info.

Hi!

It's almost done. But I have a question about the file version/size info. I don't understand how it works. Here's my question:

When I first got an admin installation point, I installed from it and version 6.0.2 was installed (confirmed by the about box and the versions of the files). However, now that I edit the MSI, I see that the file version included inside the MSI itself is still the old one (6.0.1.something). Why is this information present inside the MSI? I guess the file size is the same. Do I really have to update it?

Thanks!

It's not required to update that info, but I think it adds a little polish to the job ;)

No idea as to why that info didn't update - probably because Adobe was lazy in how they set up their patch (as if that isn't evident by the lack of an MSP file or by the fact that their "complete" install is just an MSI file, an MST file, and a couple cab archives rather than one unified package).

It's not required to update that info, but I think it adds a little polish to the job ;)

No idea as to why that info didn't update - probably because Adobe was lazy in how they set up their patch (as if that isn't evident by the lack of an MSP file or by the fact that their "complete" install is just an MSI file, an MST file, and a couple cab archives rather than one unified package).

It does add polish to the job, but since I'll be the only one to use it, I don't think I'll take the time...

And I totally agree with you on the fact that Adobe is lazy...

Thanks a lot!