Adobe Reader 6.02 silent install

To anyone that is interested:

I downloaded WinINSTALL LE from here.

I also managed to find Orca without having to download 350 MB on this page.

WinINSTALL LE (from the "About" box):

Product version: 8.00.0000

Build: 19.5

Orca (from the "About" box"):

Version 2.0.3672.0

RyanVM: Are those the correct versions?

I created the administrative install point using the procedure outlined in my post on page 5. From there, I used the procedure outlined in the .NET SP1 thread for creating the self extracting 7zip package.

I should have been more specific as to what I was asking. I was able to build the admin install and have created many self extracting 7zip packages. What I am trying to figure out is how you did the following.

2.) PrintMe addin completely removed from the package

3.) Numerous registry tweaks, including: no splash screen, no EULA prompt, no ad bar, and more

4.) Only one shortcut created on the start menu (none on desktop)

Also don't know where StartX.exe came from or what it does.

Actually I have compressed so many install packages that I got tired of using the GUI and built the a batch file using the command line version of 7zip. When I execute the compressed package it calls setup.bat which is where I put commands to install the application.

@echo off

pushd "%~dp0"

pushd AcrobatReaderFiles

"%~dp07za.exe" a -r "%~dp0AcrobatReader.7z" * -m0=BCJ -m1=LZMA:d=25 -ms -mmt

popd

copy /y /b 7zS.sfx+utf-8script.txt+AcrobatReader.7z AcrobatReader.exe

del "%~dp0AcrobatReader.7z"

popd

utf-8script.txt

;!@Install@!UTF-8!

Title="Acrobat Reader Repack"

RunProgram="setup.bat"

;!@InstallEnd@!

If you've got WinINSTALL LE, you can use this guide:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showto...ndpost&p=119423

The one thing about that guide is that it appears at least to me that PrintMe's only being removed via registry entries, where I actually remove the files and any references to them in the MSI.

Other than that, that guide is wonderful :)

To anyone that is interested:

I downloaded WinINSTALL LE from here.

I also managed to find Orca without having to download 350 MB on this page.

WinINSTALL LE (from the "About" box):

Product version: 8.00.0000

Build: 19.5

Orca (from the "About" box"):

Version 2.0.3672.0

RyanVM: Are those the correct versions?

Well, I have a newer build of Orca, but I doubt it'll really matter.

Well, I have a newer build of Orca, but I doubt it'll really matter.

I have version 2.0.3790.0, do you have a newer one?

As for PrintMe, I explained it in this post: http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showto...ndpost&p=131131

Also, there's a good hint on Adverts Box, here:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showto...ndpost&p=130292

As for PrintMe, I explained it in this post: http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showto...ndpost&p=131131

I read the post, but there's a lot of things! It seems to remove pretty much every plug-ins.

I know from the rest of the thread that you are working on a version that installs thoise plug-ins in another directory. But what exactly concerns "PrintMe"? Is it only the "New Feature 87" + the shortcuts?

RyanVM:

You said that you use Orca and WinINSTALL LE for different purposes. What do you use Orca for, in this case?

Also, I downloaded and extracted the files from your customized English version. I'll compare what I had and what you had to customize mine the same way that you did. I'll have to adjust a little bit: I have more files (both English and French for a lot of files where you only have one, and there are a few GUID that are different, but I should manage...

Thanks!

You said that you use Orca and WinINSTALL LE for different purposes.  What do you use Orca for, in this case?

I use Orca for changing file version/size info. Also, I use it for changing the product name (like Acrobat Reader 6.0.2). And I've on occasion used it for removing file references.

No prob. Check out my .NET SP1 installer too ;):P:D

Been OTLO 4 it, but haven't seen it, maybe I was looking in the wrong place?!?

This is the thread I was looking for it in, is this wrong?

Wrong thread. Look in the .NET SP1 thread. MSFN is also hosting the file now. If you go to the .NET page at unattended.msfn.org, it's linked there as well.
ryanvm i just notice that u are using the /qb what if you use /qn instead will that work?

/qb is with progress bar

/qn is without.

/qn will work fine. I personally like to see the status bar. Shoot me an IM and I can send you a version with the /qn switch.

BTW don't know if you guy's know but if you use /qb-! you get a status bar (which i prefer to see) without a cancel button - just using /qb provides cancel button.

I read the post, but there's a lot of things!  It seems to remove pretty much every plug-ins.

I know from the rest of the thread that you are working on a version that installs thoise plug-ins in another directory.  But what exactly concerns "PrintMe"?  Is it only the "New Feature 87" + the shortcuts?

I just explained all plugins, but you remove what you like.

And yes, New Feature 87 + the shortcuts are all what related to PrintMe.