logonui.exe sp2 help

hi, im trying to hack the logonui.exe file by replaceing the images and i keep getting this error message can any body tell me why and why cant i replace any images or any thing ...

access violation at address 00402791 in module reshacker.exe write of address 0187C000

im not sure what im doing wrong,, any help would be very appreciated..

thanks

Are you trying to hack the file live in the system or a file ripped out of the system?

If you are trying to hack a live systemfile I guess you should try to make a copy of it to somewere and then hack the copy..

heres the strange part its already saved at a good quality i believe because i got it off of themesxp as a prebuilt setup that i just have to place the files into my own logonui.exe , ill take your suggestion but can you give me an ideal of what a good quality would be... im pretty sure these are made to stats because they are premade fit and sized to a T.. but pls let me know what you think because im still in a muck

thanks for the reply

To add to that, when you save the pics in this manner and import them to say Photoshop you will notice that alot of the plugins will be disabled because the pic is saved in that manner. Open them with Irfanview and increase them to 16,7 Million, save the pic, open it with Photoshop and do your editing, then decrease the color back to 256 before importing them with reshack.