slide show using picture & fax viewer

colleen

When I insert a CD with .tiff files on it, I choose the option of having it open as a slide show using the Windows picture & fax viewer. The first 2 pictures open as expected. Then it just stops with the hour glass icon on the screen with the second picture.

When I do 'contr,alt,delete' & then click on task manager the fax viewer program alternates between "running" & "not responding" ad infinatum.

Any suggestions as to how to remedy this situation & get the slide show option operable? Thanks to any one that can help, Colleen

Might I suggest converting the .tiff files to .jpg, .png, or some other format and trying it that way and see if that helps. You can also try using a virus scanner to assure they aren't infected. Also, try opening each one individually and see if they are somehow corrupted. Not having used Picture and Fax viewer much, I really can't help you out other than what I have already mentioned and to suggest that you try using another viewer. The one that comes with Paint Shop Pro 7 Aniversary Edition works great from my experience, which is what I always use, then again, I don't have any .tiff files either.

Yah, the tiff files are a bit difficult to read at times and can create a small time lapse. In that time lapse, Fax and Picture viewer can hang thinking that the file is corrupt/unreadable in some way. The best thing to do is convert them or at least put them on your hard drive first. Then you'll be able to view them much quicker and Fax and Picture viewer will stop hanging (or at least should).