[VB] Program Ideas...

I'm sitting downstairs its 4:30 AM can't sleep... anyone got any ideas for a program i should make...

no guarantees i'll ever complete it cause i usually don't.. but some sort of SIMPLE program *so don't suggest Windows.. or Virtual PC... :P* just bored and have nothing better to do...

If you suggest a program and i do complete it.. depending on what it is I may release Source Code...

My suggestion is do what I did. Learn Visual C# for Windows .NET. Best thing you could ever learn. (I coded in Visual Basic 3, 4, 5 and 6 for YEARS.)

I went out and bought Visual C++ about 2 years ago... all i've ever done with it is make a simple hello world program but Visual C++ confused me. also got one of the Visual C++ for Dummies *yes thats me :P * and still had no idea what i was doing. I'll probably try too learn it again.

i'm so used too the

msgbox

inputbox

command1.caption

Text1.text

commands....

actaully.... I got nothing better to do... *gets out Visual C++ CD*

Vb Sucks, i coded it for 4 years then saw how useless it is compared to c++ (Both managed and unmanaged)...

If you wanna learn a lanauage never get the "for dummies" books, or any book that has "in <somthing> days - there useless.

If you want a good C++ book i recommend: "Accelerated C++ - Practical Programming by Example" - It teachs you C++ without having to know anything about C.

I Suggest you dont learn c#, it relys on the framework, and its managed. If your gonna learn anything, make it C++ =))

Hope it helps,

CuBie.

Of course C# relies on the framework, that's the future of windows programming. The only reason not to learn a framework language such as C# is if you intend to do programming on a different platform such as Linux where C++ is a must.