Fatal error when Slipstreaming SP2

drmarvin

I'm not sure if it's because I'm doing it in Windows 2000 (because that used to work) but whenever I run udate.exe -s:<xp2source>, I get a fatal error, which makes it hard to create the SP2 ISO. I have tried extracting it and running update manually, and I have tried it with nLite. No luck and same error each way. Any help would be appreciated, since I don't want to have to install XP, just to sliptream, and the computer I am currently using is a Celeron, which doesn't run VMWare worth anything. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Well I dont know if this will help you, but I too had some problems when trying to slipstream SP2 into my XP CD. What i found was that it is picky with installations that have hotfixes integrated into the install. So to make it clearer, I had an XP Pro disk that had SP1 sliped into it, and also I had the RollupUpdate added to it as well. I was unable to slipstream SP2 until I undid the changes I made to the files and directory structure of the installation source to remove the silent install of the RollupUpdate.