[How To] Use multiple CDs on your setup

Thanks for the code adjust.

Gracias hermano :P

Edit: Think I found a little bug:

start /wait %OFFICE%\setup.exe TRANSFORMS=%OFFICE%\Unattended.mst /qb-

I don't see the need for the OFFICE variable before Unattended.mst...or am I wrong?

yes and no... still untested

sometime ago i read about a guy that got problems if he didn't specify the patch to the unattended.mst file so that's why i added it, just to prevent problems :P

you can try in your current installation and if it fails then you know what it's the problem. hope it works and can help u

Gracias a ti :P

Sorry, it was working good IF the file existed...but I tried to see if it worked if the file didn't exist,. If it doesn't, a box pops up saying setup.exe doesn't exist.

Here's the fix:

@ECHO OFF
TITLE Instalacion de Microsoft Office 2003 y Adobe Photoshop CS
COLOR 70
ECHO.                                                        ____
ECHO            ______________________________  ____________/   /________
ECHO   -=-=-=-=/ __________________/  _ \  _  \/ ____\____  \  /  \/ ____\-=-=-=-=-
ECHO       ____\___ \/   \/ _ _   /   / /  /  /\___ \/   /  /__   /\___ \
ECHO -=-=-/ ________/ ___/__/_/  /_____/__/  /______/\_____/  /  /______/=-=-=-=
ECHO      \/(-Dvc!-)\/       / _/        / _/             /_____/
ECHO                         \/          \/
ECHO.
ECHO.
ECHO Por favor inserta el CD de Microsoft Office 2003 SP1
ECHO En 1 minuto se continuara la instalacion...
FOR %%d IN (c: d: e: f: g: h: i: j: k: l: m: n: o: p: q: r: s: t: u: v: w: x: y: z:) DO IF EXIST %%d\$OEM$\BioHaZaRD.nfo SET CDROM=%%d
start /wait %CDROM%\$OEM$\pause.cmd
FOR %%d IN (c: d: e: f: g: h: i: j: k: l: m: n: o: p: q: r: s: t: u: v: w: x: y: z:) DO IF NOT EXIST %%d\Office2003\Unattended.mst GOTO END
FOR %%d IN (c: d: e: f: g: h: i: j: k: l: m: n: o: p: q: r: s: t: u: v: w: x: y: z:) DO IF EXIST %%d\Unattended.mst SET OFFICE=%%d

ECHO.
ECHO  Instalando Microsoft Office 2003 SP1
start /wait %OFFICE%\setup.exe TRANSFORMS=%OFFICE%\Unattended.mst /qb-
GOTO END

:END
ECHO Por favor inserta el CD de Instalacion de Windows XP SP2
ECHO En 1 minuto se continuara la instalacion...
start /wait %CDROM%\$OEM$\pause.cmd
EXIT

Basically, you should check first if it doesn't exist and then if it exists... Sorry for late fix :rolleyes:

OK,

First, thanks so much for the batch code...

Second, I've been modifying it to utilize the fact that I have two CDROM drives. Hence, I just want to put the WinXP disc in the first drve, the Office 2003 disc in the second drive and let the whole process run its course.

However, I find that during testing, if the batch finds an "empty" drive, I receive an INT 24 error and it halts the batch.

Is there a way to avoid or make this errorcode silent?

I've found this Code that calls %comspec% with the '/f' switch which silences the "empty drive" problem.

@echo off
 if "%1"=="" goto _help
 ctty nul
 %comspec% /f /c dir %1: | find "Directory of "
 ctty con
 if errorlevel==0 if not errorlevel==1 goto _isready
 echo Drive %1 is NOT ready
 goto _end
 ::
 :_isready
 echo Drive %1 is ready
 goto _end
 :_help
 echo Usage %0 [DriveLetter]
 :_end

Is there a way to adapt this to your batch? I think I could modify it at each drive letter call, but then I'd have a long series of checking if each drive letter exists, then checking to see if that drive letter contains the CD with my "detection file"..

Is there something altogether different (& easier) that I could use?

.....I'm must too tired right now to figure it out..... 8-)

Ran

P.S. You may wonder why I want this? Well, sometimes I have a number of drives in the computer - some of which may contain unformatted partitions or be empty. Hence, I'd like some way of overcoming this....

@ran lol first of all thanks :)

it's supposed that the script would run even with the 2 CDs on 2 different units... check out latest version of the script on first post.

about implementing that code on mine, it's probably possible but sorry at this time i don't have much time now. i'll take a look later if i can.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...