Hallo, i'd like to know how do i use the WIHU

Adiel

hallo, i'm new to this program. how do i use? do i need to delete my runonceex.cmd file first?

what about the useraccounts that i configured using useraccount.cmd and autologon.reg? do i need to delete those 2 files?

and how do i add software to the WHIU?? i didn't really understood the manual..

i've also looked at the FAQ ..

thanks all :hello:

Okay, I'll try to keep my answer short ;)

do i need to delete my runonceex.cmd file first?
No, just keep it a little bit longer. ;) WIHU is controlled by a an INI-file. So you have to adapt your entries of your previous configuration file (here: runonceex.cmd) first to the WIHU configuration file because the syntax differs. Afterwards you can/should delete your runonceex.cmd.
what about the useraccounts that i configured using useraccount.cmd and autologon.reg? do i need to delete those 2 files?

Almost the same here: WIHU can handle these tasks, too, with help of its configuration file. So after you configured WIHU to do what you want with your user accounts you can/should delete useraccount.cmd and autologon.reg.

how do i add software to the WHIU??

Well, I suppose you're not German because there's a manual approaching. Maybe a sample INI file could help you understanding what to do. Just download WIHU, unzip the archive and look at the INI file included. Maybe this will answer some of your questions?!?

well thanks 4 all the answers , just one more question :P

some apps may need administrator access so they could install, with WIHU,

i can create an administrator account and log in to him, b4 the apps install wizard??

oh and one litle tiny thing - to i need to add something in the cmdlines.txt or in other batch file so the program will excute?

well i've downloaded the app, and looked in the ini file and i didn't understood nothing :wacko:

where exactly in the file do i need to enter commands 4 installing apps? how the full comand should look?

what lines can i delete from the ini? (i saw some registry patch or something, and i got my own registry tweaks)

:blink:

I must agree with Adiel that it is not obvious where to put Wihu in the process of unattended installation.

Some say by cmdlines.txt (which doesnt't work here) other....well nothing.

For the install.ini part: download a sample and change it to your needs :D

P.S. What's the advantage of having a Users.ini for the newbies??

Greetz,

KoppieKoffie (CupofCoffee) :w00t:

It's a normal program, so it can be put everywhere where programs can bet put. ;)

Regarding cmdlines.txt: Don't put it in cmdlines.txt directly, instead call a cmd-file in cmdlines.txt and call WIHU from that cmd-file. :) Hope this helps, generally it should work.

But due to restrictions in Windows, i.e. not everything is working at such an early installation stage, there might/will be problems related to user account configuration. Again: this is because Windows doesn't offer full functionality at this stage. So, what can you do? It's simple: from cmdlines.txt you can run WIHU and install software, but don't use WIHU at this stage for configuring user accounts (/SkipSettings). You can call WIHU later a second time (when Windows is fully loaded) and apply your desired user settings then (/SkipSoftware) with WIHU.

Ah, I almost forgot: for a very brief help you might want to start WIHU this way: "WIHU /?"

The advantage of having a seperate USERS.INI-file?

Well, this depends on your own needs. Normally there is no need to put you user settings in another file than your installation settings. WIHU only reads the settings it needs, everything else is ignored. So if you tell WIHU to install software but not to configure user accounts (/SkipSettings), all user related settings are ignored, no matter in which file you put them. But some people prefer having their settings in two or more files, it's just a habit, sometimes they need it due to their system structure, etc.

P.S.: Don't drink so much coffee, maybe this is useful, too. :P

i read, but i found its too complicated 4 me  :wacko:

can u plz explain me the commands?? and where should i write them?

do you have problems with the install.ini or getting the thing started? The page I gave you is pretty straight forward on how to use install.ini. As for getting it started, do waht my2001 said, and type wihu.exe /? to get the commandline arguments, read it, and then call the program from GUIRunOnce from within winnt.sif

If you could make an HTML version of the full German help, I will do what I can to make it into English. Though the screen shots would have to be done on an english machine, the rest I believe I could tackle. You can always check out world lingo and google translate as well.

According to Google, this is what I said in German:

"Wenn Sie eine HTML-Version von der vollen deutschen Hilfe bilden konnten, tue ich, was ich die Dose zum Bilden es ins Englische. Obwohl die Schirmschüsse auf einer englischen Maschine würden getan werden müssen, der Rest, den ich glaube, daß ich anpacken könnte. Sie können aus Weltgewicht für Harnischfäden immer überprüfen und google übersetzen außerdem."

Though I have yet to confirm this with my dictionary translation book for correctness.

Oh! This will probably sound a bit disappointing for you but German isn't very suited for being translated automatically. :( Its grammar, word formation and word order is just a little bit too complicated, what is almost the same for most other languages.

I really appreciate your effort (!!!) :) but the German translation you provided isn't comprehensible, for example your word "can" wasn't translated as "kann", it became "Dose" which means "tin". And "screenshots" got something that makes you think somebody is gonna shoot your screen. *hehe* Those translating machines interpret the texts word by word and that unfortunately won't succeed.

I re-translated the correct version of your English text automatically and here you see the results:

"If you could create a HTML version of the complete German assistance, make I, what I can, these into English to translate. Although the screen photos on an English computer would have to be provided, I believed, to be able to master the remainder. One can always look after in World Lingo and Google can likewise translate." :wacko:

We'd need somebody who can speak German and there's certainly no lack but the problem is I guess the time and the willingess. So your initiative is really great!

Hi all there,

Finally back on a XP2100+ (mobo crash and because of that back to the past...PIII-550)

Born and raised in the little country next to Germany (Holland) I will try to find the time to translate any German into Dutch and English. (The dutch think they have natural talent for German... :whistle: )

If there's animo for my work because my daily work is taking a bite out of my time at the moment..

Do I hear cheers????? :hello: