Integrate Norton Antivirus 2003 w/ LiveUpdate?

Uninstall SP2 and reinstall Norton2003. I would wait until the general public can access SP2 "officially" before updating it. I spoke with some pals at MS and they advised me not to install it just yet... just passin along the info. Use your best judgement... its your system!!!

Well seeing how I am running a slipstreamed edition of SP2 on my laptop, uninstalling SP2 is not an option. So I guess I should wait till an update is released for Liveupdate for SP2 before I update my Main System. Thanks for the help.

Don't give up so easily.

1. Download "lusetup.exe" from the link above (given by techguy).

2. Then, go into your NAV2003 folder.

3. Browse to the "SUPPORT\Lupdate" folder within the NAV2k3 install.

4. Replace the "lusetup.exe" which you find there with the new one.

5. That's all. Easy? :)

Now go and buy yourself some sweets, because you have got it updated. The best part about this update is that the new LiveUpdate component installer (lusetup.exe) is smaller than the old one by 2 MB - so you save space on CD. You can update everything in the NAV-install this way - the LiveReg, the Virus Definitions, the SEVinst, and so on......

Please post back on whether it worked for you, or not.

++++++++++++++++++++

BTW, you guys might have noticed that NAV 2003 is detected by XPSP2's new "Windows Security System" but not perfectly as to monitor it. OK, the installable (slip-streamable) update patch (an MSI) that fixes it (so that WSC no more complains about an NAV which is in-communicado) is being issued through LiveUpdate. But you would like to have it already integrated, right?

I have the update in slip-streamable form. It is about 1.8 MB, and anyone who wants to host it (and has the bandwidth) for download by other MSFN members can reply. I'll send it thru email, and you've got to honour your promise of putting it up for download. :D

• 4 weeks later...
There seem to be lots of people out here wanting it.
If so, no one has said it loud enough for me to hear it. :lol:

Nah man - nothing special here, just a compressed archive. This archive contains updates/Security-Center-fix - files that you'd otherwise need to use live-update to download.

But I thought its a good thing to not have to use the LiveUpdate everytime you re-install it ('coz then you need to be connected to the internet, for LU to work). Also, live-update won't work for pirated versions of NAV/SAV. The offer is still open - details in previous post above. :)

• 2 weeks later...