[How-to] XP CD Names

DisabledTrucker

Ok, I don't know if anyones asked and answered this yet or not, because I cannot find it, maybe someone with a MSDN account can answer this for me, what are the cd names for XP SP2?

I know that XRMPFPP_EN is XPPRO SP1 and WXPFPP_EN is XPPRO Gold and that X1APFPP_EN is XPPROSP1, but what is the name of the disk for XPPRO SP2? Also, if you can enlighten those whom have home what the naming is for them as well for SP2. I know that most can be found on "TackTech", but they didn't have the ones for SP2 listed yet, and I was curious if what I was using was correct or not.

***EDIT*** Quest is over, Jotnar found it for me. Thanks Jotnar! He has included all of them, for all versions of Windows from Windows 95 on, in his post below, if your interested.

edit (by Sonic): Jotnar's post : http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=25018&st=32#

Well I don't know if this is right, but I've been naming my disks WX2PFPP_EN (for retail professional) and WX2HFPP_EN (for retail home). I guessed at what their naming pattern was, WX (for Windows XP) 2 (for service pack 2) P/H (Professional or Home) and FPP (their way of saying retail, I don't get it but...). Oh and by the way XRMPFPP_EN is what they used for the original sp1 (not sp1a), the gold version was WXPFPP_EN. Notice how the gold cd name is 1 character short and the sp1a cd name has 1 more but is missing the W because they had to add an A (for 1A), so I decided to just add a 2 after the WX. Either way, it doesn't matter what name you give it, it never checks for that or anything.

This site might help:

http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=283

*XtremeMaC* the names for sp2 on that page are from the sp2 beta, the rest of the cd's aren't named like that.

gottcha! :P

though not so many sp2 names in mine nor yours

just 1 in mine, i'm sure if u contact them as they say on their site they'll fetch the info for u

@arablizzard2413 I don't see any sp2 names on your link :) and link I've given only has 1..

at the end doesn't matter....use anything....

Edited by XtremeMaC

I've been to tacktech in fact I had mentioned it in the opening of the thread, is why I had asked what it was. I had been naming mine X2PFPP_EN, without the "W" but I wasn't sure if that was correct. I hadn't thought to add the extra "W" there. I was hoping someone who has a MSDN account could tell us what M$ was saying it was supposed to be named. I know that sometimes they change it. Also, I went back and re-edited the names for GOLD and SP-1 just as I believe you all were posting those above.

oops sorry didn't read carefully :( shame on me :D

@arablizzard2413 we couldn't make it lol :lol:

edit: I'd look at some usefull pages but my darn isp is flushing the dns's or something I cannot open any sites :(( hopefully msfn is on unsure.gif

I had to let my MSDN account go when I got disabled, or I would look it up myself. It should tell on that portion of the website what the new CD name is by now, since it's been sent for CD creation. And I hadn't realized when I first typed it which was which untill I went back and relooked again at them to make sure, but now I have it straightened out.

I know I did that before I had asked, but it should tell on MSDN, where you go to download the cd's somewhere what the name of the CD is in that format. I know they used to have it and had a list of them that you could access without an MSDN account, but I can't get back into that anymore, because it seems they moved it to the MSDN site.

*EDIT*

The list you could access without the account, not the actual downloads.

Volume lic copy X1APVOL_EN > PROFFESIONAL EDITION

OEM copy X1APOEM_EN " " '

Retial copy X1ARETL_EN " " " "

Home edition X1AHOEM_EN > OEM COPY

Home edition volume licen > X1AHVOL_EN

HOME edition retail copy > X1AHRETL_EN

Volume lic copy X1APVOL_EN > PROFFESIONAL EDITION

OEM copy X1APOEM_EN " " '

Retial copy X1APRETL_EN " " " "

Home edition X1AHOEM_EN > OEM COPY

Home edition volume licen > X1AHVOL_EN

HOME edition retail copy > X1AHRETL_EN