How do I take out the "Welcome To Windows" etc.

hey guys,

first post here. created my bootable slipstream sp2 CD. works a charm. I have a question though....I have my admin account getting added and it works but how do I automatically get rid of that XP EXPERIENCE screen + it prompting you to add users + it prompting to register etc....you guys know what I'm talking about....that little movie in white etc..

I am bad at explaining it but I think you guys get the gist. Otherwise, thanks for the help!!!

-redfive

When you install windows you are doing it unattended right. If so the way to skip that silly musical sequence with the talking questionmark is to put the following text into your winnt.sif answer file

[GuiUnattended]

OemSkipWelcome = 1

Good luck :thumbup

Yeah, raiden said that already. ;) Just like I already asked for code in the other thread. Thanks for repeating, anyway. Redfive can't miss it now.  :thumbup

what's the matter with you guy?? are you following me?? are you a "hey i'll search X posts to f**** simon" guy?? let me repeat myself, we're only trying to help and i only tried to post both solutions. i really like your sarcasm :thumbup , didn't you appear in the show the "sarcasm f***** up my life" telling us "hey i've got no friends because of my ironic paragraphs"?? :no:

I'm having a problem with this. I have added the Oemskipwelcome=1 but its still comes up. I'm I missing something?

here is what my winnt.sif file looks like

;SetupMgrTag

[Data]

AutoPartition=0

MsDosInitiated="0"

UnattendedInstall="Yes"

AutomaticUpdates=yes

[unattended]

FileSystem=*

UnattendMode=FullUnattended

OemSkipEula=Yes

OemPreinstall=Yes

UnattendedSwitch="yes"

TargetPath=\WINDOWS

[GuiUnattended]

AdminPassword=*

EncryptedAdminPassword=NO

OEMSkipRegional=1

TimeZone=4

OemSkipWelcome=1

[userData]

ProductKey=

FullName="Name"

OrgName="Company, Inc."

ComputerName=*

[Display]

BitsPerPel=32

Xresolution=1024

YResolution=768

[identification]

JoinWorkgroup=WORKGROUP

[Networking]

InstallDefaultComponents=Yes

[Components]

msmsgs=off

msnexplr=off

[shell]

DefaultStartPanelOff = Yes

DefaultThemesOff = Yes

[GuiRunOnce]

%systemdrive%\install\batch_file1.cmd

[iEPopupBlocker]

BlockPopups=No

FilterLevel=

ShowInformationBar=

[WindowsFirewall]

Profiles = WindowsFirewall.TurnOffFirewall

[WindowsFirewall.TurnOffFirewall]

Mode = 0

This is my winnt.sif file, the only difference i can see is the quotation marks on some items, which shouldnt really make a difference, but in the deployment tools reference file it does not use them. not really sure why you are getting that problem though.

[Data]

AutoPartition=0

MsDosInitiated=0

UnattendedInstall=Yes

AutomaticUpdates=Yes

[unattended]

OemSkipEula=Yes

OemPreinstall=Yes

TargetPath=\WINDOWS

FileSystem=*

UnattendSwitch=Yes

WaitForReboot=No

DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

[GuiUnattended]

AdminPassword=*

OEMSkipRegional=1

TimeZone=255

OemSkipWelcome=1

...let me repeat myself, we're only trying to help and i only tried to post both solutions.

Hey guy yourself...

True... but the problem is you consistently repeat previous post adding no content to the discussion. Just trying to make you aware of that... GUY! :P

...let me repeat myself, we're only trying to help and i only tried to post both solutions.

Hey guy yourself...

True... but the problem is you consistently repeat previous post adding no content to the discussion. Just trying to make you aware of that... GUY! :P

@enuffsaid ZzZzZ you bore me, find something that need your skills like... feed crocodiles?

This is my winnt.sif file, the only difference i can see is the quotation marks on some items, which shouldnt really make a difference, but in the deployment tools reference file it does not use them. not really sure why you are getting that problem though.

[Data]

AutoPartition=0

MsDosInitiated=0

UnattendedInstall=Yes

AutomaticUpdates=Yes

[unattended]

OemSkipEula=Yes

OemPreinstall=Yes

TargetPath=\WINDOWS

FileSystem=*

UnattendSwitch=Yes

WaitForReboot=No

DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

[GuiUnattended]

AdminPassword=*

OEMSkipRegional=1

TimeZone=255

OemSkipWelcome=1

I removed the quotes but still the Welcome to Windows comes up. I'm going to start over at this point. Don't have much to lose at this point. Thanks for the help.

Hey guy yourself...

@enuffsaid ZzZzZ you bore me, find something that need your skills like... feed crocodiles?

Another pointless post by "SiMoNsAySnOtHiNg"