Icon For HDD when Slipstreaming

As I have yet to test this, I'm not sure it works, but from what I have determined, if you want to set an icon for your drive make one and name it HDD.ico. Place this in the $OEM$\$1 folder along with this autorun.inf:

[autorun]
ICON=AUTORUN\HDD.ICO

It should look like this once you boot into windows:

C:\AUTORUN\HDD.ico
C:\AUTORUN.INF

To add it to other drives, once you boot into the O/S, just copy those two items into each drive. When you reboot, it should show the drives with the icon you made as it's icon in Explorer.

HTH.

***EDIT***

If you don't want to make one, there are plenty of sites such as FOOODS that has them already done, if your doing it for non-commercial use then I believe it will be ok to put one of theirs on your cd, if you want to make 100% sure then send them an email and ask before you use it. Or you can just pay to have one made for you by one of the icon makers.

There's no doubt that this tip works. :thumbup

But just a suggestion:

You could put the icon into $OEM$\$$ folder, so that it copies over to the C:\Windows folder. That way, a redundant folder called autorun need not be created. Of course, your code should change to:

[autorun]
ICON=Windows\HDD.ICO

There's no doubt that this tip works. :thumbup

But just a suggestion:

You could put the icon into $OEM$\$$ folder, so that it copies over to the C:\Windows folder.  That way, a redundant folder called autorun need not be created. Of course, your  code should change to:

[autorun]
ICON=Windows\HDD.ICO

where do you put that "new" code ?

there is another way to replace the drives icons try this :

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\DriveIcons\Y\DefaultLabel]
@="yourlabel"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\DriveIcons\Y\DefaultIcon]
@="c:\windows\system32\shell32.dll,0"

in this example the drive X will be updated

and the 0 is the first icon of the shell32.dll file

replace the X by the letter of your choice or add the letters you wanna modify