2 Questions: Nvidia & Partition

1) Nvidia Video Drivers-

I cant seam to get the OS to isntall the current Nvidia Video Drivers during the install. Everything else installs with no problems even the Nvidia Chipset Drivers (NIC, Mem conteoler, IDE, SATA). All it seams it will install is the default ones that come with WinXP.

2) Selecting Partition-

When i start the install with no winnt.sif file the installer lets me select the partition to install then it asks me how i want to format the drive (FAT32, NTFS, FAT32 Quick, NTFS Quick). When i set the parmater to not auto partition and turn off the option to not format and install on the first partition it see's it gives me the option to select the partition but NOT how i want to format it. I DO NOT trust letting the installer go for the first partition it see's and format it. I want to select the partition and then have the ability to wipe that partition. Is there any way to do this?

You're not the only one. I can't get the nVIDIA forceware drivers (61.77 or whatever the latest is) to install via OEMPNPDRIVERS. I have a GeForce Ti4400 (which may be an issue, as the driver for this is not WHQL signed, and I've notice that nVIDIA drivers won't install if they aren't signed).

For your second question, nothing can be done. One option you can try is using WinPE, but that is *EXTREMELY* painful the first time - not worth the effort for you as of now.

For your first question, please search before asking anything - there's right now 3 threads running with the EXACT SAME issue - we'd rather not repeat the same thing for the fourth time. FYI, it is not difficult at all, it has been solved.

In order to set the partition information you have to run a utility called 'diskpart.exe'. I'm working on a script that will auto format and partition a C: drive and D: drive for unattended Server 2003 installs.

For your first question, please search before asking anything - there's right now 3 threads running with the EXACT SAME issue - we'd rather not repeat the same thing for the fourth time. FYI, it is not difficult at all, it has been solved.

Please tell me where they are then. I searched for nvidia and ive gone through every one and they had nothing close to the problem im having.

In order to set the partition information you have to run a utility called 'diskpart.exe'.  I'm working on a script that will auto format and partition a C: drive and D: drive for unattended Server 2003 installs.

Be careful as diskpart can't be run under dos!!!

The easiest way I eventually found to install the NVidia drivers (or at least the Leadtek versions I use for the VIVO card I have), was to just delete the generic nv4.inf (or .in_) from the i386 directory then delete the 3 nv4_*.inf entries from the txtsetup.sif file, and that's worked fine for me so far.

I haven't tried it with later drivers and SP2 though, but should still work the same way.