ATI MMC 9.02

Raiden

Hey all, I just downloaded the new Multimedia Center posted on ATI's website today. During the install it just stops doing anything.

The "ATI Multimedia Center - Installshield Wizard" button sit's minimized in the taskbar. There is also the process IDriver.exe which is at 50% cpu. Is anyone else having this problem. Any ideas

I thought it might be a silent install problem so I did a fresh install from my unattended source but didn't install the MMC. I then installed it at the end normally without any command line switches. It still failed So who knows.

I've now done 2 clean installs from cd and the only software that I've installed are the applications that ati requires on there website and the following

1st install -> Windows XP sp1a, intel chipset inf's 5.0.2.1003, DirectX 9.0b, Windows Media Encoder 9

2nd install -> Windows XP sp2 which includes DirectX 9.0c and updated inf's. Windows Media Encoder 9

Both times the MMC will not install, these were both clean systems that were installed from non modified cd except for the slipstreaming for the sp2 disk.

I'm stuck, any ATI wizards out there.

I have MMC 9.0 installed just fine over here.

Drivers\ATI\MMC\Setup.exe -s -f1"%WIHU%\Drivers\ATI\MMC\mmc.iss" -f2"%SYSTEMROOT%\Temp\mmc.log"

ISS file attached.

Setup.exe is the file downloaded from ATI. And as a side note, MDAC/DAO isn't really required for it to work. :whistle: I don't install it, and it works just fine.

MMC.ISS