CDBOOT: Cannot BOOT from the CD - Code: 5

FFA

hehe i have change the Codes i hex edtior wrong i have DELETET the codes hehe but i find out i just need to overwrite the keys direction :) NOT DELETE THEM hehe :) hehe but my DVD works fine now:)......

ok my problem is i want to test my AIO-DVD in vmWare but this fail comes

CDBOOT: Cannot BOOT from the CD - Code: 5

what is the problem i have check the guide again and again i can not find the problem some one there can help me with this??

what's in ur AIO-DVD.mayyou share?

TKS :whistle:

• 3 weeks later...

ive just had this problem, it turns out when editing the PRO1.DAT files and SETUPLDR.BIN files it can't be any longer than 4 characters.

I was using XPPRO and XPHOME, which came up with error code 5, but when I replaced them with PRO1 and HOM1 it works fine!

Just thought I'd share that with you all, sorry if someone has mentioned this already!

as it was said in ALL guides, it must be 4 leter/digit/etc... to REPLACE the i386. As Hexeditor I recommand the Hexworkshop, which in default mode you cannot make beginner's misteke(like using backspace/delete key describt in earlier of this thread).

well i used the flyakite guide and it doesn't say that they have to be 4 letters. If it does, I stand mistaken, I think it's quite easy to call your folder HOME1 instead of HOM1 and not realise that won't work.

As far as Hex Editing, I used XVI32 which is freeware, doesn't cost a penny, but Hex Workshop costs $49.95, that's a bit excessive to search and replace a couple of characters don't you think? especially since they both do the same job for this purpose.

I was just adding my experiences in case anyone else comes across the same problem.

• 5 weeks later...

I was trying to reformat a laptop and reinstall windows and I got a CDBOOT: Cannot boot from CD - Code: 5.

I am using a Windows 2000 SP4 CD, which I know works because i rebuilt an IBM desktop 5 minutes before I tried this one.

Any ideas?