Remove default Checkbox in WinXP Extraction Wizard

zprog

Has anybody been able to set that annoying check box that says "Show Extracted Files" in Win XP's Extraction Wizard to unchecked by default? It get's pretty annoying at times. I'd figure it's in the registry somewhere. I found a "solution" here, but I don't want to pay for it.

zip1.jpg

Thanks in advance

Has anybody been able to set that annoying check box that says "Show Extracted Files" in Win XP's Extraction Wizard to unchecked by default? It get's pretty annoying at times. I'd figure it's in the registry somewhere. I found a "solution" here, but I don't want to pay for it.

zip1.jpg

Thanks in advance

if all your wanting to do is extract the files, try using WinRar, it will extract them for you and you can hide it as well. Although I am unsure of how to do what your asking, I am sure there is a way to do it, but I am unawares @m as to how to do so.

if all your wanting to do is extract the files, try using WinRar, it will extract them for you and you can hide it as well.

That's what I kept telling him! :lol: zprog, I'm guessing it's somewhere in the configuration file (if there is one) or the registry (like I told you)...

If you scroll down on that link you posted they talk about how it is not possible yet.

Comment from SheharyaarSaahil

Date: 01/15/2004 04:53AM PST

Comment 

Sorry to say but there is no such settings or registry modification available right now, Call Microsoft and ask them to put such setting in the next version of Windows ;-)

!! GOOD LUCK !!

Thier only answer was to use a different archive client.

By the way, is WinRAR not shareware? I hate shareware! I am not willing to pay money for any software like this if I can help it.

Anyway, can anybody recommend me a freeware ISO archiver? No, I don't want to use WinRAR if anybody suggests it.

Isobuster is freeware

Not really:

IsoBuster is part Freeware and part Shareware.

Is there a "full freeware" ISO archiver/dearchiver? I mean real freeware. Not "read-the-fine-print/freeware-is-just-a-word-we-use-to-fool-you-because-it-is-really-either-adware-or-shareware freeware"