Doom 3 "Cannot locate Disk 1 problem"

Blackboost

Hi guys,

Well I got Doom3 yesterday, but didn't installed it until today. Anyway I insert the first CD and proceed to enter the key. The installation procress starts and soon asks me to insert the 2nd and then finally the 3rd CD. After the game is installed, it tells me to insert Disk 1 again to strart playing. Just when I press Play on the menu screen, a small box pops-up displaying the following message:

Cannot locate DOOM 3 Disk 1

Please insert DOOM 3 Disk 1, select OK and restart application

The thing is that Disk 1 is indeed inside the drive!! :realmad:

I have tried unistalling and reinstallling the game but the same thing keeps happening. The specs of my PC are:

AMD Athlon 2700 XP

KT600-A

1GB of PC3200 DDR400 RAM

ATI Radeon 9200 (I know it's a bottle neck, but only until next week.)

Windows XP Pro with SP2 slipstreamed;)

All drivers are up to date

Anyone has an idea of why this might be happening? :(

Thanks in advance...

well okay the latest game copy protections are not working on external devices

so if u have your doom disc 1 on external u've like to way of passing that screen

i don't think firmware is releated with this though firmware updates are always good.

well if it all fails u are going to need a no-cd patch.

so if u have your doom disc 1 on external u've like to way of passing that screen

i don't think firmware is releated with this though firmware updates are always good.

Why not immediately use a nocd-patch? That's alot easier! No CD switching anymore! B)

Why not immediately use a nocd-patch? That's alot easier! No CD switching anymore! B)

This fixed my problem!! Woooooohooooooooo!! Thanks a lot for the information. :thumbup

Also thanks a lot to everyone that replied to this thread. I did tried updating the firmware but that didn't solved the problem.

*Update*

After doing some research around the web I found that Doom3 dfoesn't like Clone CD, Daemon Tools, Alcohol and possibly Nero Burner. XtremeMAc mentioned this in his post, but I didn't gave it much thought because I don't have Alcohol or Daemon Tools in my PC. However after reading that Nero might be at fault too, I tried unistalling it (version 6.3.1.20) and voila!! The game started after placing Disk 1 on the CD-Drive. Seems to me like Nero doesn't cut it too.:(