Audigy 2 ZS Driver

Diabolical82

I found a better way to install Creative Lab's Proprietary Audigy Driver. :thumbup

STEP 1

Download the latest driver and extract the driver.

STEP 2

The folder's name should read "EAX4DRV_AUDIGY2_1_84_50" but keep in mind number change per release.

STEP 3

Look for "Drivers" folder and take that out and rename the folder such as "005_Audigy2ZS" then put it in $OEM$\$1\Drivers

STEP 4

Add the switch in RunOnceEX or Batch

RunOnceEX

REG ADD %KEY%\010 /VE /D "Installing Audigy 2ZS Driver" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\010 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Drivers\005_Audigy2ZS\CTZAPXX.exe /S" /f

Batch

ECHO Installing Audigy 2ZS Driver
ECHO Please wait...
start /wait %systemdrive%\Drivers\005_Audigy2ZS\CTZAPXX.exe /S

WinXP should detect driver on next reboot.

It's pretty simple. Let me know if you found any other switches. At least it worked for me. This method should work with Audigy 1, 2, 2ZS. Dunno about rest of other.

For those who still want Creative Control Panel, I made mini-installer that'll add CtPanel to your Control Panel

CtPanel_Silent

no switch are need for CP, just add line like this

%systemdrive%\Drivers\005_Audigy2ZS\CtPanel_Silent.exe

EDIT: Added links for CtPanel

I only wanted is a driver, none of other garbage and that's why I don't like creative's driver on cd that came with my hardware. It's bloat, and install bunches of stuff that I don't need and annoying flash animation poping up all over screen and nagging about registering. :realmad:

much appericate for your comments and thanks!

I only wanted is a driver, none of other garbage and that's why I don't like creative's driver on cd that came with my hardware. It's bloat, and install bunches of stuff that I don't need and annoying flash animation poping up all over screen and nagging about registering. :realmad:

much appericate for your comments and thanks!

When you're using the driver's inf file, it installs NOTHING but the driver, not even the control panel! But I assume you DO want the control panel to be installed, don't you?

It does work with OemPnPDriversPath :)

I put the entire "EAX4DRV_AUDIGY2_1_84_50" folder into "\$OEM$\$1\Drivers\030_Audio\" (just my usage, and you can probably slim it down some) then in winnt.sif, OemPnPDriversPath="Drivers\030_Audio\Drivers\WDM"

(point to the WDM folder where the .inf files are)

Doesn't install the CPanel of course, so you'll still need to install afterwards.

post-88-1092731074_thumb.jpg

Humm Strange last time I tried, doesn't work out for me. If it work for you then stick with it. :)

By the way, do you put everything in there or just driver containing WDM? I'll try this TMW if I get a chance.

It DOES work that way, but indeed the control panel won't be installed (working on that one...)

Humm Strange last time I tried, doesn't work out for me. If it work for you then stick with it. :)

By the way, do you put everything in there or just driver containing WDM? I'll try this TMW if I get a chance.

I put everything (I have room to spare) but I think it should work with just Drivers and all of it's subfolders.

Ok, I got everything working, including CtPanel.

Download EAX4DRV_AUDIGY2_1_84_50.exe through www.creative.com

extract to $OEM$\$1\Drivers\005_Audigy2ZS

edit winnt.sif and add:

[Unattended]
OemPnPDriversPath="Drivers\005_Audigy2ZS\Drivers\WDM"

That will install the base drivers.

edit RunOnceEx.cmd and add:

IF EXIST %systemroot%\system32\drivers\ctaud2k.sys REG ADD %KEY%\010 /VE /D "Installing Audigy 2ZS CtPanel" /f
IF EXIST %systemroot%\system32\drivers\ctaud2k.sys REG ADD %KEY%\010 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Drivers\005_Audigy2ZS\Drivers\CTZAPXX.exe /S" /f
IF EXIST %systemroot%\system32\drivers\ctaud2k.sys REG ADD %KEY%\010 /V 2 /D "xcopy.exe /y \"%systemdrive%\Drivers\005_Audigy2ZS\Drivers\WDM\COMMON\CtCtrlPan.cpl\" \"%systemroot%\system32\"" /f
IF EXIST %systemroot%\system32\drivers\ctaud2k.sys REG ADD %KEY%\010 /V 3 /D "xcopy.exe /y \"%systemdrive%\Drivers\005_Audigy2ZS\Drivers\WDM\COMMON\CtPanel.exe\" \"%systemroot%\system32\"" /f

The IF EXIST bits makes sure the drivers are installed, so you won't install CtPanel on systems without an Audigy sound card.

We are running CTZAPXX here, because CtPanel will otherwise give an error stating that the drivers aren't installed (even though they really are).

the xcopy parts copy the 2 CtPanel files to \windows\system32\. Windows automaticly checks all .cpl files in system32 and adds them to the control panel.

Edited by Kaspin