Programs that may behave differently with XP SP2

rik

OEMPFFF... :wacko:

Seems to be a lot of games who have prob's with SP2....

How the hell are we suppost to play against eachother when you at that huge list!?

I would say, well done MS...NOT!

I have experienced some problems with some of the games mentioned. Usually it was because the dialog asking to allow the game through the firewall comes up too late, like when the game is already gone to full screen.

In these cases I just manually add an exception for the game before starting it.

M$ is "supporting" seemingly "illegal" stuff?

Diet KaZaa  2.52  Diet KaZaa 
N.B. Diet KaZaa seems to be one of those "bad" software that taps into the Kazaa network.
Kazaa  2.52  Kazaa
Even though this is the "real" Kazaa, isn't MS one of those piracy haters? And isn't Kazaa by Sharman Networks and not by the company "Kazaa"? :w00t:

Boy that is some list in deed!

Way to go MS for putting peeps off in installing their 'baby' project, which has cost them so much human resources and money to put together.

It's rather off putting considering i'm putting my finishing touches to my slipstreamed XP SP2 CD. :realmad:

What does everyone else think?

I personally think that its just an issue of the firewall, i mean at the end we all know that ms firewall up to some extend sucks. so go with the other firewalls, (there are free ones)

or if u want enable the xp firewall but u'll have to either crash your game trying to click okay for the firewall prompt. or u'll have to manually add the exe file to firewall's list.