Bootable XPCreate DVD!

Hi Folks,

I used XPCREATE today to make myself my latest XPCREATE.ISO. Is there a way to convert the ISO so its writes to a DVD.

As the ISO is bootable, nero does'nt seem to have an option to make a DVD data disk bootable.

So i wondered if there was a way of converting the ISO created to a DVD complient ISO??

and leave it open session so i can dump more files on the disk, ie office 2003 install files?

Thanks

:no:

1. Open Nero and create a new DVD-ROM (Boot) project

2. On the Boot tab, select Image file, and select the file i.e [cdshell]\boot\loader.bin

3. Use the "No Emulation" setting, and the number of loaded sectors should be 4. (Other values should be left at the default)

Hi,

I wiped out xpcreate and started again and just let it download what it wanted and seemed to work all ok, just burned it out the a CDRW and it worked fine - booted ok.

I want to burn the iso to a DVD+RW, nero won't let me. As i want to add office 2003 etc etc

Can u use a program like winiso or isobuster to convert the iso to a dvd complient iso?

I downloaded the 2003 resource kit from microsoft and installed.

i ran dvdburn e: xpcreate.iso /erase

which gave me the error message

erasing media...

erasing a dvd+rw media is not a supported option ((not nessesary))

so i thought i'd try

dvdburn e: xpcreate.iso

ie without the /erase option and that seemed to work, and proceeded to format my dvd and then wrote the disk out!!

having just tested it now, it tries to boot and i get a memory overflow error!! ideas anyone? :blink:

i think this maybe a nice option to add to xpcreate in the next version maybe add an option into xpcreate.ini......maybe?? MEDIATYPE=CD OR MEDIATYPE=DVD

and then use either CDBURN or DVDBURN progies to do the burn? :thumbup

i'm going to edit my xpcreate to use dvdburn now.

Big NO NO. You are under license to use XPCREATE, and even though it is a CMD file and you can open it in NOTEPAD, you are not allowed to do so. Just read the license you accepted upon installation.

well if xpcreate does not do what i need it to do, i will edit it to do what i want it to do.

anyway no matter, i will just use the command line to burn out the iso image it creates, just makes life easier for xpcreate to do it all in 1 step thats all.

i'm sure xpcreate creator will add this feature in his next version.

(fingers crossed?)

:wacko:

well if xpcreate does not do what i need it to do, i will edit it to do what i want it to do.

anyway no matter, i will just use the command line to burn out the iso image it creates, just makes life easier for xpcreate to do it all in 1 step thats all.

i'm sure xpcreate creator will add this feature in his next version.

(fingers crossed?)

:wacko:

Again, BIG NO NO. You are violating the license underwhich you have agreed to use XPCREATE. YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO MODIFY/VIEW THE SOURCE CODE. What don't you get? just because you can, doesn't you mean you should.

• 2 weeks later...