Tool to add "Always on top" option to windows

xolox

Hi all!

I'm looking for a simple tool that can give me some extra options for managing my windows, e.g.: Always on top, maybe hide in systray.

I've found some tools, but first off all they require money, for something that I find pretty basic... Second, they've got all these fancy "transparency" stuff, and a dozen extra options. Don't need that, just "Always on top" would be good enough :).

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,

XoloX

Well, I didn't really think of it as customizing Windows, but actually, that exactly what I'm talking about :rolleyes:. So you're right. And I'll try Softpedia. Thanks for the fast reply! Took you only 2 minutes :)

Hahaha, nice one... :rolleyes:

Found a freeware prog, "Transparent Window Manager", but it doesn't add the options to the title bars context-menu. It shows a list of windows, and I can customize them by enabling and/or disabling options with radio-boxes. Exactly what I didn't want :)

But I'll keep on looking!

Well I just worked through all 180 programs under the category desktop-enhancements from softpedia... :) Nothing yet....

Edit: Google found me this tool: http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Alley...ware.html#ontop. Better then anything else up untill now

Edit2: I found PushPin: http://moon1000.com/software/download/freeware/index.shtml. Even better. It's actually able to add the option to the context-menu of your window-title! But you first have to focus the window on which you need the option, and then doubleclick the systemtray-icon of pushpin. A bit overkill.... But now I know it's possible :rolleyes:. Shouldn't be to hard in C++. Or would it? Nah, I'll just keep looking for now.

Okay, I found the source-code for PushPin! I'm now installing Borland C++ Builder Professional to see if I can use this source for my own tool. Which would have no systemtray-icon, and have a memory-footprint off about, well, lets say, 5KB?!

:)

:wacko: / :blink:

Seems like I was a little bit to enthousiastic about customizing the source-code :D

I'm only 17 years, and have never really programmed. I mean, I use Javascript, Perl and some PHP. And I know how to do quite a lot with those. But it's completely different from programming in C++, let alone working with API's. And I've been trying to master C++ for a while, but I can't really get this thing from the ground...

Perl is somewhat related to C++, but it's syntax is way easier, not to forget that it's a scripting-language, not a programming-language.

To conclude: I'll first try and find some free C++ classes on the web, master those, and then try again...

Thanks for you reactions though MCT!

If I am succesful, I'll post the results here!

Edit: Could an admin/mod move this topic to the "Programming (C++, Delphi, VB, etc.)" forum? Thanks!