.NET Framework...

and we can delete the folder CMPNENTS from with ( i have the framework inside the folder oem ) ?

I think so...anyway nlite does it, i just don't know if nlite deletes any entry on another file related to CMPNENTS folder.

actually here is some useful info:

XPSP2 does not have .NET framework at all! Even on the cd options menu if you try to click to install it as an addon, it is not there. You will just click forever and not get anything because SP2 does not have .NET! (this is asuming that u slipstreamed SP2 to a fresh copy of XP)

Anyways....to put .NET 1.1 on your XPSP2 slipstreamed CD and thus enable the ability to install .NET1.1 as an addon from the addon menu and the link will work is to do this:

Download the latest .NET framework 1.1 from here:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/a/a...06/dotnetfx.exe

Now extract all the files in dotnetfx.exe to a folder called DOTNETFX.

Now open the folder DOTNETFX and rename install.exe to setup.exe.

Now copy the folder DOTNETFX to your XPCD directory. (The directory that you have your cd extracted to....I call this directory XPCD)

That's it! The addon menu for installing .net framework will now detect the .net framework 1.1 on the installation cd and allow you to install it as an addon just by clicking on the .net framwork link in your menu!

Now extract all the files in dotnetfx.exe to a folder called DOTNETFX.

Now open the folder DOTNETFX and rename install.exe to setup.exe. 

Now copy the folder DOTNETFX to your XPCD directory.  (The directory that you have your cd extracted to....I call this directory XPCD)

That's it!  The addon menu for installing .net framework will now detect the .net framework 1.1 on the installation cd and allow you to install it as an addon just by clicking on the .net framwork link in your menu!

I actually had a problem doing this method. During the install, it would ask me to insert the disk. I haven't tried with SP2, but here is the previous discussion.

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=20743

Only way I have been able to get it to work is keep it in the original iexpress installer, and rename it to setup.exe.

.NET framework 2.0 is still in beta, and breaks an unbelievable number of apps that work fine with older versions.

@j4ever

That's cool!

BTW, you get to see that dotnetfx folder on new CDs from MS which already have SP1 slip-streamed. So your statement of

XPSP2 does not have .NET framework at all!
is not exactly true - new CDs from MS will come pre-integrated with SP2, and will also have .NET framework at the right place that will enable the option on the CD's autorun to install .NET fw.

Your way of getting that option to work is simply fantastic. I hadn't even TRIED doing that. I'd simply assumed that dotnetfx was a folder that only was available on an official MS XPSP1 CD.

No, there's no other entry associated with it. Simply delete that directory.

What is this line from txtsetup.sif for then?

[sourceDisksNames.x86]

1 = %cdname%,%cdtagfilei%,,\i386

2 = "%cd2name%","%cd2tagfilei%",,\cmpnents\tabletpc\i386

3 = "%cd2name%","%cd2tagfilei%",,\cmpnents\mediactr\i386

4 = "%cd2name%","%cd2tagfilei%",,\cmpnents\netfx\i386

What is this line from txtsetup.sif for then?

That's ok, leave those lines. no harm.

Those lines are for XP Media Center Edition, and Tablet PC. So, those lines are not something to be bothered about, on XP home/pro.

and I'm just curious if anyone has tried to glean off the whatever special files Tablet/Media Center have to install the framework, and see if those work in the normal version.

Is this what you mean?

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showto...ndpost&p=154767

indeed. Thanks. But I"m also trying to get 1.1 installed that way, but I highly doubt it will work, as the CAB file is totally different.